plastic

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Jeremy, May 24, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    just lookin around at the different youth models available in bolt action 25-06, 7mm-08 and 270. everything i'm finding is synthetic stocked.:mad2: do they not make wooden stocks anymore:mad2: i'm so tired of looking at black plastic guns, its pure sillyness i tell ya. they want 500+ dollars for some of these and they dont even have a nice wood stock anymore. i did find a nice 243 carbine used though thats in pretty decent shape, just not in the caliber i'm looking for. oh well...rant over.

2. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

You don't like assault black rifles huh?

3. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I loves me some synthetic stocks. :woot::woot::woot::woot:

[file]58295[/file]

4. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Glocks are synthetic....

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1273717&tid=89170&author=SNA2STL]You don't like assault black rifles huh?[/rquote]

i dont recall mentioning assault rifles:thinking:

i understand theyre trying to make these things lighter, and cheaper. but, maybe perhaps some of us out there like the look and feel of a quality wooden stock.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1273721&tid=89170&author=SNA2STL]Glocks are synthetic....[/rquote]

and i dont own one of those either. i'm really not a fan of plastic pistolas

7. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

That one was aimed at me, because he knows I'm very anti-Glock. :claphands:

8. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Yup and I like your pics of blown Glocks.

9. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Have you checked out what Remington has in there model 7 rifles? 2 years ago when we was looking for LittleLongbow26's rifle all the model 7 rifles were in wood stock. The model 7 are bolt action, not know if u wanted a bolt action.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    yes, i'm looking for a bolt action. mossberg has some nice rifles, although they are synthetic stocks...they come with the adapter plates to make it a full size stock later down the road. weatherby also has some nice ones, and they come with a youth, and full size stock..again, both synthetic.

11. i like synthetic im hard on equipment in the marsh :D

12. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    another road block...he's left handed:peepwall: really knocks down the availability of different guns

13. oh wow you have your hands full lol get a single shot and you wont have to worry about it :D

14. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    he has a single shot .223, owen is gonna start deer hunting this year and will move to the .223, I dont have another rifle for Matt to use. I figured as much i spent on Owens 20g shotgun (which he will be able to use for the rest of his life with the stock lengthening deals it came with), Matt is about to the age where I feel he should have a nice bolt action rifle to hunt deer with. I'm trying to stay away from the single shots in the bigger calibers, just because...I dont know. It's just one of those things I guess.

15. because they will rock his world just like every other single shot :D

16. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    I'm really leaning towards the 25-06, found the marlin XL7C in realtree apg camo (at least its not plain black blah looking) for 330.00, but its a right hand bolt. not sure how much if any difference that will make

17. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Did ya look at Savage-They have always made more lefty guns then anyone else-Thats what my 270 is-Reasonable and they are shooters

:sniper:

18. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

:thinking: I was:whinging:and had the same trouble when My oldest boy was growing up we setteled on a Browning BLR Beautiful Wood Too a little pricey but a gun he can shoot the rest of his life:woot:

19. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    I know you got another thread going about LH bolts and I replied to it also. But LH guns are worth the effort to find, it does take a little more work to come up with 'em though. Most manufactures only produce their most expensive model LH. Savage however has a lot of options in LH bolt guns, not sure about youth models though. I hope you find a suitable solution for him. When I was 14 I went in to buy my first deer rifle (I had saved for ever) and was gonna buy a Rem semi-auto cuz I didn't know you could get LH bolts. While I was in the gun shop the owner brought out a LH Rem 788 in 308, man I had to have that gun. Wow my own rifle and built for the way I shoot, man was I proud of that gun. Whatever you get Matt he's gonna be one happy young man.

20. kevthebassman

kevthebassman Active Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Eureka
    See if you can find anyplace to get your hands on a CZ, they're still making them with good old fashioned wood. Damn fine rifles too.