Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have good plans to make these? or even to use them. i want to learn about these dudes and anything will help.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My ex F-I-L used to build them to troll for salmon and lake trout on the Great Lakes. He called them Finn skis. They apparently worked well, but seemed like more trouble then nessary to me. I wish I be more help and could tell you where he got his plans from.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did that Rebel, found a bunch of Plans..just was interested to see if folks have any variations to them because they can be used and built differently.

DSG, nope, its WAY WAY cheaper to build them than buy, on ebay they are cheaper but over all about 80-100.00 a pair.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in Canada trolling for Walleye, i wanted to try something different, especially using cranks and shallow divers.

i have down riggers, i guess i am intruiged by them and i think they are real good especially on spooky fish.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Amen on the spooky fish. My boat is rigged up with downriggers as well. I just wondered if there was somewhere around here thatyou were going to use them.

Where you gonna go fishing in Canada?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we leave on Sat for Lake of the Woods, 7 days on a houseboat. we go every year.

i think around here on the bigger waters, Planers boards could be good..stripers come to mind.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope, you see one EVERYDAY!!! this is my 7th year in a row to go. Grand Ma inlaw has a cabin on the Lake shes gone every year for 60 years.

on the way up we are picking up the boat we bought, 21ft Starcraft, it'll be a great boat for this and most lakes around here.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I got a set I made and used on Gitshegummie. The bought foam ones may work a bit better as they may get you wider from the boat faster, but my wood ones did the trick. They are easy to build and then its just a matter of exactly where you place your line to the board.

Mine are 1x8s with threaded rod between. Then an eye bolt to attach your line. You could up grade with useing cedar (Lighter wieght) and maybe aluminum shaft. But cost is low, not including alcohol to keep your blood pressure down while tuneing them!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.