Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
First ever Forum post so here goes, and hope I follow the proper flow.

Moved to St. Louis area in Jan 09. Very excited to get back to the midwest (grew up in western subs of chicago) after 5 yrs in Florida. I was ran over by a car 10 years ago on my motorcycle and got my last fake parts last year, total shoulder replacement. I am not completly disabled or partial disabled like some fine hunters out there. I am just limited in alot of things people can normally do without problems. I love bow hunting and I am trying to find a place to hunt? Suggestions on farm land or private land I can look for. I hunt by myself would love to chase horns but more interested in the whole experience and meat in the freezer is the main goal. Been bow hunting for about 15 years but had to take about 10 off to work through physical changes. Appreciate your time and look forward to hearing suggestions.

Matt

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
:cheers: Welcome to the site Matt! I'm glad you found MWT!

Pull up a chair and stick around a while! There's always some opportunities popping up around here!

I'm not from that part of the state, so I'm not much help, but there are a lot of member that are.

Thanks for joining up!

Parker

·
Under appreciated
89,822 Posts
I cant help either Matt cause I dont own land around st. louis but welcome to the site.

Always nice to have new members and you found exactly the right place. :eek::

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Welcome to Missouriwhitetails.com!

hope you find some property.

:cheers:

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
Welcome to MWT. :cheers: Have you thought about applying for any of the managed hunts in the St. Louis area? Little late for this season, but lots of places close by to look at before next years applications go in.

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
Plenty of public spots! Welcome!

·
Registered
5,389 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
How far are you willing to drive to hunt? I don`t personally have property, but I have several friends close that allow me to hunt their land. I know one for sure told me I could bring other people, I have only brought my sons, but I`d be willing to put you on a deer some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[rquote=1502425&tid=104822&author=bowrookie]How far are you willing to drive to hunt? I don`t personally have property, but I have several friends close that allow me to hunt their land. I know one for sure told me I could bring other people, I have only brought my sons, but I`d be willing to put you on a deer some time.[/rquote]

Hi thanks for the response. I am willing to travel some, I don't know the area that well but have GPS. I would just have to give momma notice and I should be good to go. Thanks for the offer! Much appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1502370&tid=104822&author=knockemdeadd]Why not join us this Saturday ? Meet some MWT folks, have a great time and shoot a few birds...

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=101129[/rquote]

Thank you sir!! Much Appreciated. I am scrambling to see if I can pull this off. If not I will surely watch for future hunts as I truly love pheasant hunting. It's been about 15 plus years since the last time I went. It is nice to see alot of the cool things this forum offers. I have had some great welcomes and offered some nice suggestions. Look forward to reading and posting more in the future.

Matt

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
send me a U2U if you like ( top right corner ). thats our form of "private" messages. if you find that you can make it, we can exchange phone numbers and we can meet sat morning, i'll guide ya out there !

less than 1 hour from st louis.....Union MO (for your GPS)

:cheers:

·
Former Chicken Man
20,151 Posts
:welcome:

If you come out Saturday you'll pass Pacific before you get to the Union exit, and we can tell you about a couple public areas you can hunt there. :wave:

·
19,584 Posts
I'm not much help...I live on the West side of the state. But I wanted to at least welcome you to MWT's! :wave:

MWT's has plenty of hunting opportunities available for disabled hunters throughout the year, plus there's plenty of good folks on here willing to assist.

You've come to the right place! :wave:

[Edited on 12/8/2009 by Chairman]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts