Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
5,632 Posts
Other

20, 30, 40, 50, and 80 <--- Just for fun!

Can you folks with a 10 pin really tell the difference between 10 and 20 yds? Seems like you could use the same pin out to 20. :confused:

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
20, 30 and 40 also. The 40 is there in case that one shot at that "BIGUN" ever presents itself. He'd have to be a BIGUN for me to take that 40 yard shot thou.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
I'm gonna rely on my 33 yd pin for everything from now on.. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
20-30-40, however, I am thinking of practicing at Reif Snider on the long shot! It just seems like it would be a personal challenge for me to have that in my bag/quiver if there is one in a competition. I think I will go buy some extra arrows, lotsa!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
30-40-50-60-70 use to have hundred just for fun

·
Registered
129 Posts
i use to have 1 pin 0-30 yrds. I was pulling 80 lbs. Now with post shoulder surgery I have dropped to 57 lbs draw and Have to have 3 pins: 10-20-30. I'll never get a shot over 30 where I hunt.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
20-30-40-50

still have one more pin just haven't ever set it i know pretty dang close were i need to hold to 80 now to and can stick the lungs on and elk 3d at that fairly consistant.

i can't imagine shooting in the woods more than 30 just not good for me for many reasons given an open feild with several good conditions i wouldn't have a problem with the 40 yards........i mainly like to shoot at the far ones when practing cause it makes be much better at the closer ones

·
10,944 Posts
the more you have the more confussion at the moment of the shot, i dont want to have to look at my pins and figure out which is which, i know the top pin is twenty, gage his distance, put the pin on him and bingo. with that said i have two, one at 20 and one at 40. the 20 covers 0 to 20 dead on and if the deer is 30 i put the pin a bit high on his back. wack....... i forgot to say that i shoot fingers so longer shots are a bit more difficult then with a release.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.