Pics

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by KChunter, Apr 24, 2006.

1. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

Finally figured out how to attach pics - I'm a little slow.
    This is my first Kansas bird of 2006. 91/2" beard, 1" spurs, don't know weight for sure, but he felt in the 20-22 lb range. Second pic is my second 2006 bird, shot a couple hours after the first. He's a jake, but came in struttin and gobblin just before a storm. Had to drop him.

2. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

and just for practice with the picture attaching, I thought I'd share some of my mounts:

3. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

4. buckbuster14

buckbuster14 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Moberly, Missouri
    can i ask you were you went to taxidermy school at?

5. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    For cryin' out loud! You should've prepared us for that showing! :eek:

Nice deer and turks! Especially that one big ol' bruiser buck! What's the story on him?! :eek:

Parker

6. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Well glad that you got the pics figured out! Sorry I could be of no more help than I was.

Very impressive collection there! Thanks for sharing! Oh and nice bird too!

7. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

I wish I could take credit for the taxidermy - but I had most of it done by a guy in Independence (don't think I should post his name, but if you're local to Indep, Mo, U2U and I'll let you know).

As far as the bruiser buck - I take it your talking about the big 8 point that the taxidermist put on a cow elk body (I wish he wouldn't of, just doesn't look right). Well, my dad killed that one during rifle season 3 or 4 years ago. Another guy hunting on our land had stuck him during bow season, only wounding him. He had a nice scar but was in perfect health come rifle season. I'd hate to be him. Those other bucks are pretty nice, but he kind of dwarfs them.

8. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
  9. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    KChunter, awesome collection!! Where'd you hunt in Kansas? I noticed you shot Rios.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Jack

10. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

JackJr:

I was wondering about that, they seemed to have a different coloration that my Missouri easterns. How do you tell? Nemaha Co. by the way.

11. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    KChunter, the tips of the fan are light cream color and the upper band of the fan is the same way. Also the entire fan is lighter brown than an Eastern. I'm trying to keep track of Rios in Kansas as they are making their way slowly eastward and will probably one day at least be in SW Missouri. You can see the differenc emuch better in the second bird you took bcause the light is better on the fan. I've also seen Rios taken in Washington county and down south in Anderson county. They are coming this way.

Jack

12. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Awesome................:eek:

13. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Now those are some awesome mounts, ect!
    And acouple of gobblers to boot!