Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally figured out how to attach pics - I'm a little slow.
This is my first Kansas bird of 2006. 91/2" beard, 1" spurs, don't know weight for sure, but he felt in the 20-22 lb range. Second pic is my second 2006 bird, shot a couple hours after the first. He's a jake, but came in struttin and gobblin just before a storm. Had to drop him.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
For cryin' out loud! You should've prepared us for that showing! :eek:

Nice deer and turks! Especially that one big ol' bruiser buck! What's the story on him?! :eek:

Parker

·
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish I could take credit for the taxidermy - but I had most of it done by a guy in Independence (don't think I should post his name, but if you're local to Indep, Mo, U2U and I'll let you know).

As far as the bruiser buck - I take it your talking about the big 8 point that the taxidermist put on a cow elk body (I wish he wouldn't of, just doesn't look right). Well, my dad killed that one during rifle season 3 or 4 years ago. Another guy hunting on our land had stuck him during bow season, only wounding him. He had a nice scar but was in perfect health come rifle season. I'd hate to be him. Those other bucks are pretty nice, but he kind of dwarfs them.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
bachelor ay.:D

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
KChunter, awesome collection!! Where'd you hunt in Kansas? I noticed you shot Rios.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Jack

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
KChunter, the tips of the fan are light cream color and the upper band of the fan is the same way. Also the entire fan is lighter brown than an Eastern. I'm trying to keep track of Rios in Kansas as they are making their way slowly eastward and will probably one day at least be in SW Missouri. You can see the differenc emuch better in the second bird you took bcause the light is better on the fan. I've also seen Rios taken in Washington county and down south in Anderson county. They are coming this way.

Jack

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Now those are some awesome mounts, ect!
And acouple of gobblers to boot!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Very nice indeed!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.