Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the morning hunting for those darn turkeys, but never saw any. So that afternoon my parents and I decided to hit our farm pond. They have done well there this year with the crappie being much larger than normal. I hit it Friday night and landed a bunch of the 1-2lb bass, but didn't want to clean them so here are a couple of pics from Saturday. My Mom caught the two biggest crappie. The biggest was about 15" long and weighed 2.5 lbs. The other one was about 14.5" and weighed 2.25 lbs. We had 4 over 14". The smallest one was about 11". The bass were all just over keeper size with the biggest being about 2 lbs. I did catch a wiper that tipped the scales at 2.5 lbs. We had a good time and could always hope for more of those slab crappie. My step-grandpa and his son and grandson went down on Monday and came back with a 18" crappie as well. They are definitely doing well in the flood hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Don't look so serious kc....

BTW - I got your U2U, just haven't called the people yet, thanks for the head's up.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Looks like a great day!
And some gooood eatin!
:cheers::cheers:

·
5,631 Posts
Dude, you look really confused!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
humm humm good

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Now that's a nice mess of Fish. I like to catch an 18" Crappie. I've caught a few that has gone 14-15 inches. I assumed they were around 2 lb... but heck they might of went 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 lb. I'm soon gonna get me a digital Fish Scale. Congrats on you ad your Mom's catch... :D

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Dude, you look really confused!!! :rotfl::rotfl:
No, he is just camera shy...see he wet his pants too! :rotfl::rotfl:

j/k KC, nice fishin!

·
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No Jarjar,

I didn't wet my pants. My Dad built a mobile livewell out of an old cooler and I had to get it out of the boat when it was full of fish and water. Smat:moon:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.