Where's Hazelville! He truly is a camera expert. If it was me, I'd vote #2.
I'll do my Hazel call.Where's Hazelville! He truly is a camera expert. If it was me, I'd vote #2.
IIRC the model that you and Hazel recommended was the 2016 BTC-5 Elite? Did it also have strike force in the name?Where's Hazelville! He truly is a camera expert. If it was me, I'd vote #2.
THE DECODER appears when you look at he night time pictures.You are safe because the Browning cams are a home refuge for the CYBER MONKEYS first seen in a trail cam in the Moultrie 2011 m100.Get the one with the most monkeys in it. Should be listed in the specs but you might need a decoder to interpret that part of the specs.
Trail cam does a lot of good but they do not recognize the Monkeys.go to trailcampro.com and check out their tests
THEY HAD REFURBISHED ELITE ON SITE A WHILE BACK. the difference between the 2016 elite nd the 2015 hd is huge. the 2015 was a good cam but it had card acceptance issues , on 6 lithium's it would give15,000 pictures.IIRC the model that you and Hazel recommended was the 2016 BTC-5 Elite? Did it also have strike force in the name?
I was actually thinking of giving Browning a call and requesting the 2016 model for replacement....
It just means that the camera has the ability to make adjustments on night photos. Shutter speed, ISO, etc. This can be seen when you check the properties of the photos. It mainly means your night pics will be better. Less blur, less IR burn, etc.Can someone give me a brief, non-hazel, explanation of what a cyber monkey is....
Thanks in advance.
Can someone give me a brief, non-hazel, explanation of what a cyber monkey is....
Thanks in advance.
I can not find it now.It was a clip from one of the big shows touting one of the new strike force and a defender model with a antenna on it. I WATCHED THE THING BUT REALLY DID NOT LET IT ALL SINK IN. It was claiming the cam would be rolled out a little later.Haze, where did you see that Browning was coming out with something like cuddelink? I was getting ready to buy another Cudde network for the 160.
Here you go Hazel! In stock and lowest price I've been able to find!
2019 Strike Force APEX
Model #: BTC-5HD-APX
Size: 4.5" x 3.25" x 2.5"
AVAILABLE MARCH 1
The all new 2019 Strike Force APEX cameras feature an incredible 0.22 second trigger speed and 0.6 second recovery time between pictures. Experience high end performance with 18 MP picture quality, and a new video processor that produces incredible quality 1600 x 900 HD+ video clips with sound. The Strike Force APEX has an adjustable IR flash range at night to optimize battery life and produce the highest quality night images. Other features include SD card management options, and Smart IR video which continues to record video during the day when game is present. The Strike Force APEX is also compatible with up to 512 GB SDXC memory cards.
- 18 MP
- 1600 x 900 HD+ Videos with Sound (5 sec. - 2 min. length)
- Adjustable Infrared LED Illumination at Night ( Powersave, Long Range, Fast Motion)
- 100 ft. IR Flash Range
- 80 ft. Detection Range
- Illuma-Smart Technology Automatically adjusts IR Flash for Perfect Night Photos
- 0.22 Second Trigger Speed
- 0.6 Second Recovery Time
- Supports up to 512GB SDXC Memory Card (not included)
- Compact case size 4.5" x 3.25" x 2.5"
- Timelapse Plus camera mode with IR triggered images
- Long battery life from 6 AA batteries (not included)
- Up to 8 Multi Shot Images
- Up to 8 Rapid Fire Images
- SD Card Management
- Smart IR Video
- 12 volt External Power Jack
- Picture info bar displays: Time, Date, Temperature, Moon Phase, Camera ID
- Programmable Picture Delay (1 sec. - 60 min.)
- Compatible with Browning Buck Watch Timelapse Viewer Software
- ¼" -20 Tripod Socket
- If you prefer to have corporate and foreign engineers tell you what the hey you think look at the bullet point about illuma-smart technology.
- I have gotten away from raving about how good Browning cams are for a while now. I find raving the positive gets as sickening as *****ing about the negative.
- tHE ONE THING THAT NEEDS TO BE CHECKED OUT IS THE POWER SETTING OF THE FLASH WHICH which is now reported to be preset by the user according to what he expects to get.That appears to be more in line with what recoynx has done with its monkeys. To me browning outdid recoynx when they got the cam setting there and constantly checking on the conditions to where when the opportunity presented itself the cam would come out firing with the correct monkeys already dialed in.
- DOING THAT also makes it hard to measure power consumption like trail cam pro is trying to do.