Pic of my score board

Discussion in 'Giggles and Grins........... (OPT IN)' started by Mailman, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    On each of my four permanent deer stands I keep a tally of my take from that stand. The picture is of a stand that my buddy hunts out of each year. It over looks an underground pipeline. I should have taken a picture of the groove cut into the top rail on the blind. It was from the shot at a deer that he couldn't have possibly missed. He had me looking for an hour for blood from a deer that he was positive he had hit good. I found the groove a few days later. Now we know why he missed at 40 yards. Just for memory sake I carved into the 2x4 just under the groove "STEVE'S SHOT". He didn't think it was funny.
  2. woodcarver

woodcarver Active Member

Dec 15, 2005
    I like that my grandpa has a gun that was my great grandfathers. A 22 lever action and he notched the stock every time he got something and there isn’t a spot on it that doesn’t have tick marks on it. Doesn’t make the gun worth much but its neat to me..

3. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Mailman It must be a hunter thing to record successes(like we might forget). My hunting cabin is built out of steel coldroom panels. Since the year it was built we have recorded on the walls with a magic marker who hunted and what success they had.

Each year we go over the wall year by year and relive the stories and events of each hunt.
  4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Great Idea PV. I just might start that tradition this next season.
  5. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004