Pic of my 1st Robin Hood shot

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Mailman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I've been flinging arrows for many a year now and I have knocked off numerious nocks and shaved off many, many fletchings but until today I had never Robin Hooded an arrow. I had just finished refletching 8 of my arrows to take to the camp out and went out back to make sure they all flew right. My second shot sounded terrible.....ya know that hated sound like scraping metal together along with a crack. I just knew I would have to refletch at least one arrow. I went down to check the fletching and saw that I had stuck the first arrow dead center. I pulled it out and quit shooting. Here is a couple of pics. P.S. Now I have 7 arrows to take to the Camp Out.

2. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo

3. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Yeah, it took me once for the novelty to wear off. Now its just more money I have to spend.........NICE SHOOTING NONE THE LESS!!!!

4. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Nice Mailman!!! Least you know you can hit the same spot twice!

5. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Well at least I know that my glue held up ok. And it sure beat sticking it into a tree like the last time I shot at something.

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Nice.. bitter sweet aint it?

7. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Congrats. Quite a feat.

8. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    Good shooting, Mailman:eek:

9. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    way to go can't beleive you pulled them apart i would have left them together at least for a while

10. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    The arrow that did the splitting was still OK. I just twisted it a bit and it came out. I put it on the spinner and everything checked out level. I can still put it back in at a later date. I need the arrow for the campout. I only got 7 good'ns left. Later I'll put them back together and put them in my game room.

11. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Way to go mailman! It's nice to have done it, but then you look around and say, "Hey, I just lost two arrows!"

12. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Good shooting mailman!!
    :cheers::cheers:

You're still shooting aluminum arrows???

13. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    :eek: Good shot.....Just don't make that a habit.:cheers:

14. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Good shooting. Now you know why they make 5 spot targets.

15. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Mailman I could have done that from the deck of my boat on rough water .................OH............this.......isn't smak talk.................... just kidding. Great shot for real I haven't had the pleasure or pain as yet.