Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been flinging arrows for many a year now and I have knocked off numerious nocks and shaved off many, many fletchings but until today I had never Robin Hooded an arrow. I had just finished refletching 8 of my arrows to take to the camp out and went out back to make sure they all flew right. My second shot sounded terrible.....ya know that hated sound like scraping metal together along with a crack. I just knew I would have to refletch at least one arrow. I went down to check the fletching and saw that I had stuck the first arrow dead center. I pulled it out and quit shooting. Here is a couple of pics. P.S. Now I have 7 arrows to take to the Camp Out.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Yeah, it took me once for the novelty to wear off. Now its just more money I have to spend.........NICE SHOOTING NONE THE LESS!!!!

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well at least I know that my glue held up ok. And it sure beat sticking it into a tree like the last time I shot at something.

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Nice.. bitter sweet aint it?

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
way to go can't beleive you pulled them apart i would have left them together at least for a while

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The arrow that did the splitting was still OK. I just twisted it a bit and it came out. I put it on the spinner and everything checked out level. I can still put it back in at a later date. I need the arrow for the campout. I only got 7 good'ns left. Later I'll put them back together and put them in my game room.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,282 Posts
Way to go mailman! It's nice to have done it, but then you look around and say, "Hey, I just lost two arrows!"

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Good shooting mailman!!
:cheers::cheers:

You're still shooting aluminum arrows???

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
:eek: Good shot.....Just don't make that a habit.:cheers:

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Mailman I could have done that from the deck of my boat on rough water .................OH............this.......isn't smak talk.................... just kidding. Great shot for real I haven't had the pleasure or pain as yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.