Photos from our new taxidermy shop

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by 8 point, Feb 16, 2006.

1. 8 point

8 point New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    SW MO
    Hi all. As some of you know my wife and i went to taxidermy school to learn the art of taxidermy and open our new business.After building a new shop and stocking it with all the tools to do the job right we are very close to being open full time.We have been at this two years trying to get everthing in order to open the doors .We thought you might enjoy some photos from our show room . Have fun and God Bless 8 point. Always Life-Like Taxidermy
    In Holden Mo. Our Phone #'s are 816-732-6198 or 816-256-5977
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]:dancin:

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Awesome looking work. Here is to great success.............:cheers:

3. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Great lookin' stuff there 8-point, I hope you enjoy great success with this!

4. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    Looks great from here good luck hope all goes well

5. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Great looking work there 8 point. :eek:

I sent you a u2u.

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Good lookin stuff...good luck to ya!!! Don't forget to keep postin pics for us too!!!

7. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    Wow. Those look great. Were they what you worked in the course or are they some you already did?

8. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Good-NESS! I am VERY impressed! I like the character of ech animal! Have you all started entering competitions yet?!

Parker

9. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Looks Good 8-Point!:cheers::cheers:

10. 8 point

8 point New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    SW MO
    Mark Twain.-----These are some we have done in the last mounth and some are from school .ALL THE MOUNTS ARE OUR WORK. Thanks 8 point

11. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    My guy took in to many deer before I got mine, send me a U2U with a price for a pedistal mount looking left if you have room or time. Very nice work!

12. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    You'll have to keep us posted and maybe even see if mrb will let you advertise on this site. I'm sure you'll get some business with mounts lookin like that!

13. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    8 point, did you do the one in your avatar too?

Parker

14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Gosh.. great looking stuff there.

Guess I know where I am going next time!

15. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
  16. 8 point

8 point New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    SW MO
    Hi Parker no I did not do the mount in the avatar. That was done by someone else. Here's the story! That is a huge 8 point I shot in 03. I took it to the a taxidermy shop near by after 11 months hanging on the wall the mount fell apart. The seams split open and the face cracked apart .This was one of the reason on going to school to learn the trade. I was taught by world champions from all over the USA. Each class had its own teacher of whitetails, birds, fish and everything else. They were very good teachers. They showed us there more to taxidermy than slapping it on the wall and calling it good. The 8 point in the avatar is now the one in the pedestals mount in the new picture. I hated to do it but it was falling apart -- no choice. When I was a boy I went though a home study taxidermy cores. It was fun but I still did not know what I was doing. Sure hacked a lot of things up though. Well anyway that is what made me go to taxidermy school. My wife also went to taxidermy school and we plan on doing it full time. God Bless 8 point.

17. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Great lookin mounts there!
    Looks to me like you'll do just fine!
    :cheers::cheers:

18. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    U2U to ya 8 point

19. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    nice work it would be a very rewarding trade i have always thought

20. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Those are some good looking mounts! FANTASTIC job!