Phoenix man killed in gun-safety demo

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by dookie, May 20, 2009.

1. dookie

dookie New Member

Nov 27, 2004
    imperial,mo
    Phoenix man killed in gun-safety demo
    Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.18.2009

A 26-year-old Phoenix man accidentally killed himself early Sunday while explaining gun safety to two Sierra Vista residents.Samuel Benally Jr. was at an apartment on West Tacoma Street when he said guns should be kept unloaded because people could point them at their heads, said Sierra Vista police Sgt. Brett Mitchell.
    Benally then demonstrated by putting his own 9mm Ruger, which he believed to be unloaded, to his head and firing it, Mitchell said.
    Benally was flown to University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, Mitchell said.
    An investigation is ongoing, but police do not believe alcohol or drugs were involved, Mitchell said.

2. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Stupid hurts, and sometimes kills. :boohoo:

3. dookie

dookie New Member

Nov 27, 2004
    imperial,mo
    [rquote=1269992&tid=88944&author=GoGop]Stupid hurts, and sometimes kills. :boohoo:[/rquote]

You got that right GoGop!! It never ceases to amaze me how stupid/careless some can be when it comes to firearms.:whinging:

4. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

Guess that was a one time only class.

5. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :mad2: Thanks media.......I really appreciate the term 'gun safety' being used in an incident like this. :mad2:

He probably should have taught them, "Treat every firearm as due a loaded firearm at all times" first! :mad2:

Parker

6. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I think we have a leading contender for the 2009 Darwin award.

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Guess he forgot the number 1 rule to always point the muzzle in a safe direction.

8. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Very sad for his family, but that gene pool is cut short..

9. mobiggerbucks

mobiggerbucks New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    lake of the ozarks
    Who says you can't fix stupid . He will never do that aqain .

10. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Wonder how that Conversatoin went? "Im gonna teach you gun safety by pointing this gun at my head"

11. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    can't believe a safetey guy would intentionally point a gun to his head:mad2:

12. ross331

ross331 Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    richmond
    death by dumb a$$

13. yankee

yankee Senior Member

i bet he don't do that again, i often wonder what people are thinking sometimes

14. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    everyone says 9mm isnt enough gun,I believe that man would argue that it is sufficient

15. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    I doupt he was a safty instructor. If he was i wonder if his students got a refund?

Maybe he knew his gun was laoded and wanted his pland suicide to apear as an accident so inshurence would pay his inshurence policy to his benificiary?

16. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    [rquote=1270290&tid=88944&author=Longbow26] I doupt he was a safty instructor. If he was i wonder if his students got a refund?

Maybe he knew his gun was laoded and wanted his pland suicide to apear as an accident so inshurence would pay his inshurence policy to his benificiary?[/rquote]

you are always sittin on the top of the fence Lb lookin at both sides,never thought about it that way:thinking: