Pheasant and chukar hunt

Discussion in 'Game Birds' started by mrmurph, Feb 10, 2006.

1. mrmurph

mrmurph Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2005
    NW Missouri
    Intorduced my 10 year old son to his first bird hunt a couple of weeks ago. I have a friend that owns his own outfitter and he asked us to come up and shoot up some of his inventory. It was a great time, the first time I have ever hunted "set" birds before but man, the shooting was great. My son got his 1st pheasant and his 1st chukar that afternoon, we will remember this day for quite a while!:eek:

2. Congratulations. Just be glad you got a boy. I messed up and had 2 prissy girls.

chad

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I know the feeling fella. Two girls here also. I hoped they would be interested in fishing or hunting but they gave it a febble try and that was it. Now if the fish were jumping in the boat they were happy. If there was 10 minutes of nothing they were ready to go home. One married a hunter and fisher but he also liked to drink. He lasted 2 years and was killed in a head on crash with an 18 wheeler. Of course he was totally looped. The other has a boyfriend that shows some interest but has other interest that puts fishing and hunting basically last. So I just hang here on this site and converse with you guys and gals.

4. How old are they?? Im always looking for my future EX-wife!J/J No really im lucky because my littlest one is just great and she told me she wasnt gonna get married but she would have me a grandson to hunt with. Pretty good kid considering shes only 4. Now she understands marriage comes before kids so i might be alright. But you just gotta deal what life deals you. Maybe il get lucky and have some good son-in-laws some day.

chad

5. xxx

xxx Guest

:eek::eek: Yep.... not much better in the world than an experience like that

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Way to go.....:eek:

7. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    congrats, i still remember my first pheasant with my dad and that was 17 years ago.
    :cheers: