ok i just completed installing my recoil reducer into the synthetic stock of my ruger M77 (hawkeye stock). what i did was place a small amount of expandable foam into the bottom of the top void in the rear of the stock (it has a divider running up the middle of the stock inside that creates two seperate voids with the top one being the largest) i then lowered the mercury recucer into that void onto the foam in the bottom. i have a 1/4" dia x 3" bolt screwed into the hole of the reducer and i used that to place it and align it how i wanted. the top of the bolt head is still about 1 1/2" from the end of the stock. next i placed expandable foam into the second void then i went back to the first (top) void and placed it around and over the reducer. the mercury reducer will be completely encapsulated inside the foam filled void. locking it into and making it an intregal piece of the stock. also by filling both voids i wont have that hollow plastic feel to it that i loath. i had wanted to use this on my shotgun but the recoil reducer was too long for that stock. once this is complete dry and set up (it says 8 hrs) i'm gonna cut 1/2" to 3/4" off the length of the stock and refit the pad (grind/sand down) flush.we'll see when i'm done if i can post the results without useing the words that get me sensored. i did coat the reducer with a releasing agent incase i ever want to dig it out and pull it out of there. should know by tonight if i screwed up or not. since the scope is back at the factory i figured now was a good time to do it.