Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my pH tester from a local farm store. Going to go out tomorrow and test some ground to see what I got. My questions is...is there a website that once I find my pH and hope big I want my plots it will tell me how much lime and such. Thanks

·
10,944 Posts
it depends on soil texture plus the ENM of the quarry lime your getting. ENM is effective nutralizing material. if it were me i'd just sample the plots in a couple places that is take soil samples, send em off and you will get fert recommendations plus pH info. for only anout 10 bucks....:wave:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Not to rain on your parade bowtech, but I've not heard anything good as far as accuracy from those do-it-yourself testers. I'd recommend taking a soil sample and sending it off thru your local University Extension office. It'll give you much more info then just the Ph.

·
10,944 Posts
just get a couple small samples from your plot, mix it up good, about two handfulls is plenty, put it in a zippy and take it to the county extension office , or MFA, the extension odffice is generally with the other gov offices.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
There is an extension office in St. Peters off of Mid-Rivers past old town. I think its off Brown Road.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My brother used one of those handy dandy ones from conservation office, and it always read that he had great soil. Problem was he hunts old strip mines, and thats not good soil to start with. Go with the sent in soil samples, simple easy, and u'll get the correct figures. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.