Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was an article put out last time MO had some drops in populations. The info and words are still true today.

Font Number Document
Font Screenshot Number Document
Font Screenshot Parallel Document Number
View attachment 133541
Font Number Screenshot Document

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

· Registered
70,866 Posts
Just change the dates to today and it fits now.

Hopefully these spring rains we are now having don't have an effect on hatch numbers.

And I agree with not changing regulations. Changing will not help in increasing our turkey numbers. Mother nature will fix (if it does indeed need fixing) the lower population of our Missouri turkey.

· Registered
499 Posts
Just change the dates to today and it fits now.

Hopefully these spring rains we are now having don't have an effect on hatch numbers.

And I agree with not changing regulations. Changing will not help in increasing our turkey numbers. Mother nature will fix (if it does indeed need fixing) the lower population of our Missouri turkey.
Except for the fact that the turkey population appears to have fallen even lower and harvest has also steadily declined.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Except for the fact that the turkey population appears to have fallen even lower and harvest has also steadily declined.
The fundamentals are still the same and applicable though.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, the message is the same, Missouri has turkey issues, major ones at that, but we don't suck as bad as everyone else. Very heart warming and reassuring!
No, thats not the message. Please go puck up your hat...
Hair Forehead Nose Glasses Head

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did.....but they were on the neighbors land. I'm not breaking the law just to brag on line of a kill.
Will they not give permission to hunt them?

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I only have a land owners permit....nuf said. :wave1:

I did try a number of times to call him my way but he had other plans.
Ill donate 17 bucks to the "get bill a turkey fund"....

Reactions: CRE10 and 20'

· Registered
6,911 Posts
Bottom line is the loss of 80 percent of the turkey. If you call it management realize management is just a word. Now if the reason for the loss of 80 percent of the turkey over the last 30 years is managed the good times will come again.Again management is just a word but in the latter it is a word complete with the warm fuzzy feeling THAT ONLY PROPER MANAGEMENT OF OUR RESOURCES CAN BRING.The expectation is the latter

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.