Perplexed

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by kc704, Nov 6, 2010.

1. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Thinking about getting out in the morning before I head to the hospital. But the weather channel isn't being favorable. I know I'd see deer in #4. And I have the decoy hidden at that stand. But the wind is supposed to be outta the SSW up to 19 mph. I doubt the decoy could stay up with that kind of push and I'd probably get blown outta my stand. So if you were short on time this week to hunt where would you sit?

I like to ask your opinions because you know as much about my new farm as I do. I haven't gotten the deer figured out yet so I'm game to sit in any stand. I can sneak into #4 pretty easily (not very many leaves to crunch), but I have sat there quite often. I generally see deer, but haven't had many shot opportunities. In the timber I've had no shot opportunities, but the wind generally doesn't seem so bad.

[file]146454[/file]

2. SHEDHEAD

SHEDHEAD New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    Dont know the topography but I'd check into that bottom right corner of your place...Find a crossing from that big block on the neighbors.
    I'd say you could pretty much figure your neighbors block of timber is a heckuva deer collector...
    Maybe park along the road at bottom left.

3. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    [rquote=1883554&tid=131194&author=SHEDHEAD]Dont know the topography but I'd check into that bottom right corner of your place...Find a crossing from that big block on the neighbors.
    I'd say you could pretty much figure your neighbors block of timber is a heckuva deer collector...
    Maybe park along the road at bottom left.[/rquote]

Generally if I hunt #4 I'll park in the south field on my place. So SH, you're thinking #5 maybe? Right now I wish I had a stand overlooking the creek. I'm close on a bunch of them, but not straight over the creek. There is a ton of traffic on it. I'd take my climber, but really don't like looking for new trees to climb in the dark.

4. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    Looks to me like #4 is your best pinch point...

5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I been sticking to the timber, lots of does in the acorns round us, been seeing good numbers and good activity but it's a different farm