Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,376 Posts
The commercial aerosol (permanone) is 0.5% I think so I guess that would be a good dilution.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, that would equal 1/2 oz. (.5 oz) for every 100 ounces, true? So, .64oz would be .5% of 128 oz. which is 1 quart. So, I need just over 1/2 oz. for a quart? So, 2 tablespoons equals 1 oz., I will need just over a table spoon to make 1 quart of spray? My brains is cooking here. Am I right?

·
Under appreciated
92,376 Posts
Depends on the %active for the source you are using to make the dilution.

Remember, you want 0.5% active permethrin in your dilution.

0.5 ounces in 100 ounces would be correct if you are using 100% active permethrin but
can you find 100% active permethrin?

·
Under appreciated
92,376 Posts
Easy..

If you are using 10% permethrin, just mix 5 ounces with 100 ounces of water
and you have a 0.5% solution.

Or, mix 6.5 ounces with a gallon and its the same thing...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I was looking on Google, I saw a story about a cowboy that gave himself a bunch of chemical burns with too much permethrin saturating his clothes. Certainly don't want to do that.

We are cutting wood and moving stands on Saturday. The father-in-law came back from cutting wood on Friday with a few adult ticks on him. Trying to avoid that issue.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Buy the $5 can of permanone is my .02. If you needed it for a month, I'd say make your own, but I can is going to cover SEVERAL sets of clothing.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by novicehunter
I have bought a bunch of cans. I just figured it's time to go big.
I personally don't think its worth messing up and burning yourself and subjecting yourself to a carsenogen (sp?) more than what you need to get the job done. Like I said.....just my .02. Let us know how good it works.

I've heard several people talk about using it, but I've never actually seen it used (by dilluting permathrin from the livestock store).

Parker

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Before I get into the mathmatics of this post I would like to know, what is the stuff and what is it used for? Ok having done a little research on this product, I know what it is and I am going to bow out now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.