Perforated aluminum floor question

Discussion in 'Fishing Gear & Tackle' started by trapperBR549, Jun 21, 2017.

1. I need to take up my floor, I bet there is hundreds of ponds of sand and mud.

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    That's one thing I did wonder about with the perforated aluminum. How much dirt would accumulate under the floor. Not sure how you'd wash it out, I'd guess the cross-ribs would catch all the dirt and not let it flow back out the drain hole.

3. Mine is not perforated,it rolls off the sides like yahoo said.

4. Yahoo

Yahoo Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    last summer I had the back subfloor out, I vacuumed it clean, I have more back there now, I don't think its as bad as you think, but I guess you could run a hose up front, tilt the front up, and try to wash more out, maybe a good February project at the car wash....

5. I would think the same thing. Could be a potential to add a lot of weight with small debris going through it unless easily removable to clean. Get in and out of the boat from a muddy bank several time will build up a lot of mud and debris. Try to wash it out and it will all go through and be a pain to clean out underneath. Also what about small hooks, etc. seems like some small things could get lodged in the holes or fall through it. No experience with it, but just my opinion.

6. bigbass

bigbass Keep calm and Chive on!

Nov 17, 2009
    Wentzville
    This is the floor I have in my jet boat. 1/8" holes with center supports 8" on center. No flex at all. Kinda a pain in the *** to wash everything out but it can be done. ImageUploadedByMissouri Hunting1498252028.601544.jpg ImageUploadedByMissouri Hunting1498252043.985346.jpg