Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got another email with a picture with no story behind it. Only thing was the heading which read...."PENDING WORLD RECORD MULE DEER FROM MEXICO"

Anybody seen this one before? Sure is a brute for sure.

Photoshop?? or for real?
Here is the picture.....

[file]44804[/file]

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
There's a couple of bigger ones on the B&C trophy watch page from Arizona. Heckuva buck, but I doubt it's a world record. :eek::

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Wouldn't it be New Mexico? Do they even have Mule Deer in old Mexico?

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
Originally posted by Clippers
Yes they do, and some fine ones at that, but that still don't look like no world record to me. I think the world record typical muley is in the 226 range,maybe 230.

·
Registered
69,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Typical World Record

SCORE: 226 4/8
HUNTER: Doug Burris, Jr.
OWNER: Cabela's, Inc.
DATE: 1972

KEY MEASUREMENTS:
Length of main beam: Right 30 1/8 - Left 28 6/8
Inside spread: 30 7/8
Circ. of smallest place between burr and first point: Right 5 2/8 - Left 5 3/8
Number of points: Right 6 - Left 5

[file]44808[/file]

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
It was actually taken last year and yes, believe that photo is real. There are some huge muley's in Mexico. Sonora is the hotspot for Desert Muley's, Coues, and Desert Bighorn Sheep. If you can afford to go down there. :eek:

While maybe, maybe not a new world record, the thing that one from Mexico has going for it is the spread. I'm pretty positive it's over 30"...

Either way, I'd still like to see something like that come through the cross-hairs.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Originally posted by Modeerhunter
Originally posted by Clippers
Yes they do, and some fine ones at that, but that still don't look like no world record to me. I think the world record typical muley is in the 226 range,maybe 230.
Well you learn something everyday, I had no idea that Mexico had Mule Deer.:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
"Someone" sent me this "pending world record elk from Montana" (Selway-Bitterroot area, bowkill) this week, I don't know if it's fake or not, but it's a big elk.

[file]44816[/file]

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
Originally posted by glennasher1
"Someone" sent me this "pending world record elk from Montana" (Selway-Bitterroot area, bowkill) this week, I don't know if it's fake or not, but it's a big elk.
Right from the B&C trophy watch page:

Email Overload
November 19, 2008

11/19/2008

This bull is making the Internet circuit... again. Here is what we found out about it in November 2006.

11/2006
This photo is circulating the internet at World's Record pace. The text accompanying the photo states that it was taken in the Selway Wilderness in Idaho with a bow and scores somewhere between 530-575.
B&C is reserving judgment on this bull. If this bull were, in fact, taken as a natural, free-ranging, wild, native elk from the Selway region of Idaho, it would be approximately 130-150 inches bigger than any elk ever recorded from that region.

UPDATE: This bull was raised in a high-fenced environment in Quebec, and therefore ineligible to be entered into B&C's records program.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
real nice muley

1 - 13 of 13 Posts