Peep sight for a pistol?

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Poor Valley, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Sounds a little far fetched right? Well they do exist, or at least one is currently available. Since I am a proponent of peeps I had to have one. Ordered it from an outfit called "One Ragged Hole" and replaced a red dot scope on my Markll with it. This thing is neet. Simply replaces the rear sight blade in the factory adjustable sight. The pistol will once again fit in my belt holster.

Like all peeps I no longer have to concentrate on the rear sight, just the front sight and the target. Can't wait to try er out.:banana::banana:

2. Poor Valley

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Here is a pict of the Ruger Mark ll with the One Ragged Hole peep sight mounted. Took it to the range this morning and it is wonderful. IMproved my pistol shooting at least 200%, maybe more! Course I could stand some more.

3. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Looks like it would be fun to shoot tree rats with PV....sho are some pretty calls and strikers layin there!!!

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    JERRY! It looks to me in the side of that pic that you've got a lot of calls that you have not shared pics of!

Cool idea with the peep.

Parker

5. Poor Valley

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    The calls are the ones I use for hunting with the exception of the ons with the holes. Thats a prototype that I am not completely happy with.

Fireman, that pistol used to be my squirrel gun, but as my eyesight declined over the years I had added a red dot sight which made it hard to carry. I have used peep sights all my life so when I found out about these I ordered one immediatly. I plan to cot down a fiber optic front sight to replace the broad blade there now. That should refine the sight picture more. I was very impressed with this mornings results and the pistol fits in its holster again!:banana:

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Good idea with the fiber optic too!!! Show us some targets when ya git her sighted in!!! Or better yet, dead tree rats!!!

7. Poor Valley

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Back to the range with this pistol today. Only targets I used were clay pigeons(stationary). I am more impressed than ever. THESE LITTLE $25 SIGHTS make a huge difference.;)

8. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    NICE...

Can't wait to see it, after you get the fiber-optic sight installed. :cheers: