Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you ever hunted Peck Ranch before, and if so any luck?
I won't know anything you know until September 11th, but my cousin and I entered the muzzleloader hunt there for early November.
According to the MDC website there weren't alot of successful hunters there last year. If I remember right, there were 390 total hunters there with a 12% success rate. I'm thinking maybe 46 deer total. That's sure a low number.
I am curious as to how the terrain is there. I am not able to walk very far at one time, and curious as to what is ahead for me.
We are planning a trip there in September if we get drawn, to look around.
We will be pulling a 29' trailer in there to stay in. Do they have electric or will we be needing a generator?
Just any in put that you can pass along will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
HG40:wave:

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
i don't think they have electric,hunted four or five times killed a couple if bigguns,but since they changed it to youth season weeekend we havn't tried it anymore.it is a good hunt.some years the numbers are down because the hunters don't hunt ,they party all night and then back at camp by eight.one year they rode around to see how many people were hunting at ten and counted 12 trucks.they it just depends what kind of hunters get drawn is the main thing.i killed bucks every year, i hunted there in the same spot by eight on saturday morning was done.okay one year it was nine but i missed one at 7.if you get drawn give me a shot and i'll tell you where it is at.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
I went there last year,didn't have any luck.The only problem I had was the Law setting up Roadblocks on the place giving Tickets for whatever even Seatbelts.

The ground is straight up and straight down.Other than that its pretty flat.After there I decided to trade Pickups.

But I'm in for there again this year.

I like Caney Mountain better.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin just stays in Camp.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Oh the reason kill has been low in the past its been Bucks only.Its Bucks or Does this year.

Some places ar hard to get into without 4 WD.I left a day early last year because I was worried about my Dogs and didn't want to miss Church.Glad I did because there was a bad storm that night.

Here is a few Pictures.

oneshot
:D Big Grin poor Tent Grin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.