Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down here we have commercial peanut crops and the deer seem to go crazy over the plants and once the nuts are havested they eat them too. Doves, ducks and other birds eat the nuts too. Have any of you up there tried peanuts crops in food plots or hunted over peanut crops?

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Peanuts arent grown sucessfully, for the most part, in the midwest. They gotta have very loose or sandy soil so the southeast us is the hot spot.

I hadnt heard that the deer would browse peanuts but it makes sense... they are a legume. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
I know they love peanut butter,wishI could find my old trail cam pics of one licking a jar that was hung upside down but I cant,the bad part is we think the bear likes it better since he took it away:roll2:

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've mixed peanut butter with syrup and nailed the lid to a tree. I cut the bottom out of the jar so I could refill it. All went good until the deer pulled the jars off the trees.

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found ther jars on the ground with molar prints in them. they nwere flattened and had teeth marks all over them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.