Peak Rut For Macks Creek,Mo.

Discussion in 'Hunting News' started by the huntress, Nov 15, 2017.

1. the huntress

the huntress New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    We have A large farm in Macks Creek,Mo. I noticed 5 bucks all wandering around 2 days before opening of firearms. Noses all on the ground, walked right out in our field in front of me, at separate times during the day. 3 were following receptive does. Opening day we saw the same 5 bucks again spread out on our place. Not seeing as many does as past ruts, but I'd say they are keeping to the woods more right now. Today is Wednesday, 5th day of season. This morning we saw 2 big bucks without does foraging in fields. I jumped A buck up last evening, laying down alone under A cedar tree. He stayed down until I was close enough to him that I could of shot if I had not been carrying A chair and A rifle.By the time I got rid of the chair and shouldered the .308 he was carrying the mail thru the thick timber.Was A nice 10 pt-er. Good Luck hunting and be safe. The Huntress...

421sd, cy912 and MeatHunter like this.
  2. MeatHunter

MeatHunter Just Livin' The Dream!!!

Dec 7, 2011
    Have to agree I saw a lot more chasing going on all of last week and up until Monday really but, some of that can also be attributed to hunters in the woods and shots all around them over the weekend.......I haven't seen a lot of chasing since last Fri........last week Tuesday - Friday it was not uncommon to look in the fields and see a buck chasing a doe at almost anytime during daylight hours.......

the huntress likes this.

3. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks for the update.

4. reitzs

reitzs Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Columbia
    I was hunting 3 miles west of Greenview and did not see any activity I would associate with the rut.

Saw one doe on Saturday that was running, but it came from where I know my neighbor hunts so I'm guessing he spooked her when leaving for lunch. Sunday, I saw a spike and fork buck walking together and feeding. Then saw two separate pairs of does that were feeding as well. Got no response to grunts and bleats all weekend.

Will be back at it Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

5. the huntress

the huntress New Member

Nov 15, 2017

6. the huntress

the huntress New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Good luck on your hunts. We are located off state road N, in the boonies. have you used an extinguisher deer call?I purchased one about 4-5 yrs. ago. You better buy one.lol. it will change the luck.made by illusion systems.all calls on one mouth call. Also Tinks 69 doe in rut,and conquest scents evercalm, and VS1 doe in rut are excellent.hope this helps.take care and shoot straight.The huntress...

7. the huntress

the huntress New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    welcomme

8. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Use to kill a lot of Deer just South of there. Guy bought my place said I killed all the Deer in Dallas County.

oneshot