patterning

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by shooter22, Apr 19, 2006.

1. shooter22

shooter22 New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Fort Scott, KS
    I need to pattern my shotgun. I know it hit what i aimed at while hunting quail and phesants, but that is wing shooting.

With my new turkey choke(H.S.Strut--Undertaker H.S), what can i expect, in the way out How far off , the patern will be from bead dead on?

shells--winchester 3" 5 shot

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    varies with each gun... could take 5 of the same and use the same stuff and be all different.. good luck and let us know how it turns out

3. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    shooter22 if you have the time and the shells shoot a couple of patterns at both distances and use a rest if possible. first thing you're looking for is where that gun shoots, after you know that then try another shot the way you would in an actual hunting event. also if the pattern is too far off from dead center, give the fiber optic sites a try. hey i finaly got that extended mag release installed :eek: it was a little tight around the gizmo thingy so a buddy of mine who operates a cnc opened it up a few thousands and now it is good to go. he also buffed out the target grey finish off the trigger gaurd and mag well liner to match the s.s. action. if your nephew is still making any of the extended releases for the m77/22 i would buy a second one from you just give me a u2u