Paddy Creek

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Bowkil, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    if i have no luck on this private 800 acres im hunitng on the opener. im headin to paddy creeks it only about 3 miles from my house. seen a chit load of turkeys the other day. about 40 all grouped up crossin the road. hope this years gonna be better than last year. anybody else huntin around here or on vada? or close to here?

2. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    there close to the road now but you haven't been there once turkey season opens

:)

i bet your really susprised at the number of hunters camped down there if its like normal that road will be packed with campers

but have fun:)

3. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    that road is also one of the worst ones in the county for road hunters too so don't sit with in shooting distance of the road we might lose you.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    been there done that, if ya hunt paddy, go up little paddy as far as you can, lots of birds around there. i have also come in from roby lake.

5. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    seen alot of beaver damage around big paddy.
    my home is on the headwaters of big paddy.
    hopefully i can arrow a gobbler on private so i dont have to deal with the outa staters :) yeah about 1/2 the outa staters hunting last year was road huntin.spring turkey is just like openig rifle for deer, it gets crazy out here!

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    i was drivin down the gravel road to the camp sites and had a group of hogs run in front of me. have you heard of many in the area?? this was 5 years ago.

7. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    PADDY CREEK!!! ive been there lots of times when i was younger. my aunt lives in Eveningshade.

8. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    there have been several sighting of hog on the north and west side patty creek alot of them got run off of fort wood. about the only way you will ever get one though is to get some hogs dogs theres way to much land and to few hogs to normally just find one

9. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    there was a bunch killed last year on boiling springs road. off of jack tar. a guy had 3 dead on horseback and with a few dogs. i seen a piglet run across my road. never had a chance to reach for my gun. i only see deer and turkeys on paddy. but i know theres pigs down in there. seen a bunch of tracks off one of the atv trials.
    whats the best dog to train to be a hog dog? thinking something like a pissed off pitbull? my yellow lab just a water dog, a wild piglet would kick her butt!

10. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    Holy cow! Our new place is right at boiling springs road and Jactar road! Didnt think I would have to watch for hogs. That would be an added bonus during turkey or deer season!

I'll probably be hunting that area the first week. I've got an invite to possibly hunt another place the second week. Let me know if you need some help covering that 800 acres of private ground! :D

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    i hunted jak tar hollow years ago, some good deer in the area. boiling is a good place to float to or from. gerald and janette are great folks. we go down and rent cabins for family reunion stuff. paddy has some real big deer, its a big area you got to get away from the trails a bit.

12. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    They sure are. We've talked with them a lot. Matter of fact, my folks are staying there in their RV right now helping with the move. Cant wait to float the big piney soon.

13. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    if ya ever see someone down at the concrete bridge flyfishing that would be me. another goodspot is off of jacktar tar right when you cross the creek theres a forest road it takes ya all the way to the piney. ive only caught goggle eye down here though. good turkey huntin down that road on the right.

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    another good spot is, go to the mdc put in above slabtown and paddle up to where paddy joins piney, good fishin in the hole just below paddy, its not very far up from the put in.

15. Haven't seen any hog tracks in there but the Arkansas plates are everywere around there in turkey season. Lots of good timber to hike back into but you'll see hunters just about all over there.

16. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    That's around the area I'll be chasin turks opening week. I've probably already waved to you if you've been fishing off the bridge this year. If you see a red ford pulling a red or blue flatbed or an aluminum horsetrailer, that'd be us hauling our stuff to the new place. In a few more weeks, if you see someone on horseback wearing a cowboy hat, that'd be me.