packing question

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by rh44mag, Nov 1, 2010.

1. rh44mag

rh44mag Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Independence
    When I hunt I always take a backpack with me. I like to carry water, snacks, tp. rangefinder, calls, a book,.... Here is the dilemma, I have always hunted ladders or permanent stands. This year I have been hunting a new place and the deer travel pattern has changed but I don't want to move the ladder this late in the game. I have had a climber for a couple of years but never used it. My question is how do you guys carry all your "junk" and a climber?

2. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I hook my back pack right to the climber so its kind of piggy backing the climber..

3. olshep

olshep New Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Antonia, Mo.
    [rquote=1873509&tid=130487&author=hunter7x] I hook my back pack right to the climber so its kind of piggy backing the climber..[/rquote]

X2, but I would suggest getting a pair of padded carry straps.
    The thin web straps that sometimes come with climbers will kill your shoulders.

4. bowhunter8

bowhunter8 Senior Member

Jan 24, 2006
    county, MO
    I agree with olshep. I use the military alice pack padded straps. they are quick adjustable and waaaay more comfortable. You can get them from ebay for about $12 a set, or at a military surplus store for about $10

5. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Yep, sure do. I have the padded "backpack" straps for my mobile sets.
    I use my lone wolf hand on more so when packing alot of "stuff", it's smaller and lighter even when carrying the climbing steps.

6. 160983

160983 Guest

Padded straps are a must as stated before. I have a summit. I carry it with the forks and cables down. The backpack will sit on top of the forks, I then use the foot bungie cord to keep it in, and then use the safety string to tie the top of the pack to one of the climber frames. It works very well for me.:cheers:

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1873892&tid=130487&author=Jusadog]Padded straps are a must as stated before. I have a summit. I carry it with the forks and cables down. The backpack will sit on top of the forks, I then use the foot bungie cord to keep it in, and then use the safety string to tie the top of the pack to one of the climber frames. It works very well for me.:cheers:[/rquote]
    Exactly what I do too. My pack fits in there perfectly.

8. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    [rquote=1873892&tid=130487&author=Jusadog]Padded straps are a must as stated before. I have a summit. I carry it with the forks and cables down. The backpack will sit on top of the forks, I then use the foot bungie cord to keep it in, and then use the safety string to tie the top of the pack to one of the climber frames. It works very well for me.:cheers:[/rquote]

i've had this same issue. I have a summit and am sitting here trying to figure out what your talking about here...now i gotta get up and go look cause i just cant picture it.

9. rh44mag

rh44mag Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Independence
    Thanks fella:eek:: That is kinda what I figured.

10. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    If i use my climber i use my little fanny pack and just put my stuff in it and put it around my waist and put it in front with my stand on my back

11. 160983

160983 Guest

[rquote=1874496&tid=130487&author=JrNation88][rquote=1873892&tid=130487&author=Jusadog]Padded straps are a must as stated before. I have a summit. I carry it with the forks and cables down. The backpack will sit on top of the forks, I then use the foot bungie cord to keep it in, and then use the safety string to tie the top of the pack to one of the climber frames. It works very well for me.:cheers:[/rquote]

i've had this same issue. I have a summit and am sitting here trying to figure out what your talking about here...now i gotta get up and go look cause i just cant picture it.[/rquote]

Did you figure it out yet? I think there is a picture of a guy on the summitt website packing the climber with the tree cables pointing to the groung. In this fashion a backpack will sit right on top of the bracing. You can then slide your foot bungie down and it keeps your daypack from falling out.:superman:

12. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I have bags that came with my climber so I put what I need in them and just pack the climber, I also have multiple pockets in my hunting clothes legs jacket and so on that I can load up.