Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
100% grade A stainless steel.
100% percision tig and purged.

this is what my dad and i are up too. makin metal art. i finished this about 2 weeks ago and finally thought i share it. i got to make 10 more then its off selling them. i got a razor mouth looking fish called Paddy Creek creature fish. i gotta make a few more of those. and plus i make bad azz jeep racks. im in the process of making an all metal antler rack. thats gonna take time. my pop and i do this when we are not juggling 3 jobs and not huntin or fishin, and when all the ranch work is done.
i hope you guys get a kick outa it. the next snake is gonna have only 2 fangs, a tongue sticking out and no eyebrows. so it will be a true Ozark rattler!
ENJOY!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man!
i have so many idea's popping in my head about making art metal. but its so difficult to actually make my idea in real touchable art.
i mean i got so many other things in my mind im trying to make, but its so hard to accomplish to actully make it and make it look good. this is just 1 of many ideas i actually came through 100%. the rattler and the fish creature i came through 100% but these other ideas like an antler rack, and a full bodied buck is just so hard to do.im only limited to angle iron, flat metal, square tubing etc. and now with metal and copper going sky high. its hard to cough of the money to experiemnt with. im glad you like it!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
My son is out in Wyoming, attending WyoTech....and has been learning how to tig weld...among other things of course...I'm hopin he'll build me a frame for a new chopper!!!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehehe
that would be alot cheaper to make one than to actually buy one. i was thinkin on going to tulsa welding school. i called them up and since i can pass a stick, mig, or tig test. they said if i pass all three they can get me a job making good money. i was all for it. because i could pass all the welding tests in a month instead of taking 6-8 months. i was going to go there until they told me it would cost 12,000. then i said no!
i can go to california and make real good money welding, but them i would have to put up with the traffic, gangs, airheads, m*******, ang n******, and all the BS in california. i came to missouri to live my life peacefully i dont need people getting me mad. thats why i love it here in MO life is slow living and peacefull. im not gonna get shot up cuz im wearing a red shirt in a certian neighbor hood. " man i should of wore blue today"

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Lots of good weldin jobs out there....Look up the Boilermakers Union, they might point ya in the right direction, close to home!!!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Some dandy work. I have a feeling your gonna be busy............:cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Whoa! That is some COOL stuff! You get a deer skull with a deer rack on it going, I'll be SERIOUSLY interested! That is some awesome stuff!

Please share pictures of the other art work with us!

Parker

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by doepee
Neat stuff. The head on that would make a pretty cool tail pipe!
that was the 1st idea. my dad invented the head, and we turned it into an exuast tip. then we got the idea to put the head on a fish body, then a snake body and so on.
you guys ever seent he movie Tremors?? well im trying to make a head like the graboid. one big gaint head with 3 little ones comming out of the mouth.
well this snake is pure grade A stainless. so it will be more expensive. just the material to make the snake is a little over $200. thats not including my argon gas, rod, and my time. its art and metal art is expenisive, but ill have to see whats a good price. but i do know that millionairs pay big bucks on wierd stuff like this. i need to find some art shows and show them.
Fireman,
yeha my dad told me all about boilermaker union. i know i would be good at it, welding pipelines and doing layouts, but i dont know nothing about them in missouri. im jugglin 3 jobs out here. mainly just 2 right now, and im making nothing compare to what my dad and i can make in california. so we are really debating on going to california and bring home so good money, but the draw back is i would miss bow season. and thats just not possible for me, to miss deer season. i would have to be at war, sick with cancer, or my arms paralized if i was to miss bowseason!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Bowkil! Those are awesome! I want two or three! :cheers:

Good lord I hate to bring this up. :bangin: And prolly shouldn't put a damper on things but dangit, it's just the way life is nowadays.

Make SURE if you are gonna market these things to get you some product liability. I know, it sucks. But the first time somebody is walking across their deck and said rattler reaches out an bites someone on the foot or ankle with them fangs on a bare foot..........they'll try to own all the things that are dear to you. Again, I ain't sayin it's right, just saying it's the way it is. :bangin:

Again, Awesome work!

·
Under appreciated
92,376 Posts
Very cool looking dealy there.. bet you could sell those all day long. Unique, for sure!:banana:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.