Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you have a couple of hens in your set up and you call more than normal but the hens stay around for 1 1/2 hour are you calling to much for a gobbler?

Just wanted some other opinions

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
well you could be calling to much

or you might not be calling enough

or maybe to loud or perhaps to soft.

maybe the tom is gay?

maybe hes just not in the mood.

oh the joys of hunting the long beard.
what didn't work today may tomorrow or try somthing different one never knows what will or wont' work on a given day:D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
well you could be calling to much

or you might not be calling enough

or maybe to loud or perhaps to soft.

maybe the tom is gay?

maybe hes just not in the mood.

oh the joys of hunting the long beard.
what didn't work today may tomorrow or try somthing different one never knows what will or wont' work on a given day:D
Aint that the darn truth :banghead:

But its sure alot of fun.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Its nice to know that you can make calls and not spook the hens in view.. gives you faith that you dont sound like a rusty gate anyway...

Now, whether thats the right thing to do or not, or how much to call, I havent a clue. I suspect as the season progresses, different calling strategies are needed.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
I've never met anyone yet than can read a turkey's mind. For sure ain't nothin' guaranteed about their behavior.

Jack

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
yeah the gay deaf tom.
im about fed up with this spring turkey season, im going down to the piney and going to catch me some bass.
why cant there be retarded turkeys on my property???

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Your answer is in what were the hens themselves doing. If they were calling frequently, then so should you. If they were just milling around clucking and purring occasionaly, then so should you. If they were lockjawed, then you should be too. Of course, the next day, they will be doing something totally different just to mess with ya!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The turkeys are dumb, who the heck was sitting in the freakin rain all morning, and voluntarily I may add.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I'm with DSG. Its up in the air. Call more, call less, its all turkey hunting and YOU GOTTA LOVE IT! :D

If you're not scaring the hens, you sure aren't doing much wrong!

Good luck with 'em!

Parker

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
The turkeys are dumb, who the heck was sitting in the freakin rain all morning, and voluntarily I may add.
I have never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the package.:roll2: I do know this. I need a new rain suit and my body will soak up a 3/4" rain very nicely.:bangin:

Jack

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Jack, that was not a jab at you sir, it was at me and OrigAl for soaking up the rain yesterday. But we sucked it up and made it fun...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by JackJr
Originally posted by Nicholas
I have never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the package.:roll2: I do know this. I need a new rain suit and my body will soak up a 3/4" rain very nicely.:bangin:

Jack
Thats what I luv about my pop-up blind. I only get half as wet as I used to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.