Out of State Hunting Swap

Discussion in 'Out of State Hunts, Stories & Pics' started by Teenagehunter, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Would anybody be interested in allowing me on their property or in their hunting group for help out west with antelope hunting in Wyoming? Somebody might come with me, but they wouldn't be hunting just filming/coming along.

I'm not going to have time to run down to Missouri before rifle season and knock on doors. I don't care if I fill my tag, just looking to have a fun time with some other folks!

Antelope buck tags are $272 + $14 application fee with a $12.50 conservation stamp and $30 archery permit. Doe tags are only $34 each.

2. I'm planning to go back out to Wyoming again. Looking for a few more people to join. Going 10/18 around 7pm and coming back 10/21 or 10/22. EASY hunt, very relax and fun! If you can shoot 400 yards with a rifle, you'll fill your tag(s).

3. manitou1

manitou1 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Truman Lake
    But they have to draw an antelope tag, even the does. The drawing closed in July. What GMU are you hunting in WY? I will be out there Oct 23-Nov 04, give or take.

4. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    Sounds like a good deal, to bad I'm not a goater

5. I hunt lots of GMU's in Wyoming. Thousands of leftover tags for the entire state, you can always buy after the draw. Non-residents and residents. I've shot two elk and five antelope with leftover tags.

6. flatlander_

flatlander_ Really? Show me. .

Nov 14, 2014
    Barton County
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

7. manitou1

Apr 28, 2012
    Truman Lake
    I wish there were leftovers in my GMU. I would buy another in a heartbeat. None available.

8. manitou1

Apr 28, 2012
    Truman Lake
    Looks like there are two GMUs left in the state with leftover licenses for sale. All the areas near where I will be sold out quick. I actually put in for the 2nd draws and didn't have success. That is unusual for these particular GMUs. I think the winter kills in the Western part may have increased applicants East.

9. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    Possibly. Would you purchase my OOS tag?

10. sambo3006

sambo3006 Active Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Christian County
    Aren't type 2 buck tags private land only? I believe the type 7 doe tags are.

11. Yes, type 2 and type 7 tags are private land only.