Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning while driving to work at 6:am I saw a road killed deer in a place I've never seen one before, live or dead. It was a buck in velvet, maybe 6 points, laying against the concrete median wall on east bound 44 at the St. Louis city limit sign.
This area is mostly residential with houses very close together and across the highway is a large open railroad yard void of any vegetation. Dosen't seem to be much deer habitat anywhere near this spot.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
I live in the middle of town, in Louisville, KY, about a 1/4 mile from I-65, which runs thru town here. There's a Harley shop about a 1/2 mile from me, right off the Interstate, and a deer was killed there last year sometime. All we can figure is, that the deer came up the RR tracks behind the Harley shop, and stumbled into the highway. I work next to those tracks, down the way a bit, and we see coyotes, *****, possums, all manner of animals, around there from time to time. If there's a way, at all, the critters will live there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.