Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think these are swallows, does anyone know an exact type?

There are five in the photo, today there are only four. My wife hopes it flew away, I think it got voted out of the nest by mom and dad to make room for its bigger brothers & sisters.

Leaker

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife likes to keep track of the progress of the little ones, but she is also anxious for them to be gone. I've enjoyed them, the parents are better than dogs for keeping folks away from the front door. They are very good straffers!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
does anyone know an exact type?

They are Barn Swallows. Their nice to have around. Eat a lot of flies and skeeters. But they sure do make a mess.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Mess everywhere.. tractor seats..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My Uncle had a dairy farm and they were everywhere. He didn't mind them in the barn cause they ate all the flies but it was war when they would try to build nests on his house. He would spray WD-40 under the eves every spring. That seemed to keep them away. I don't know if it was the smell or that they just couldn't get the mud to stick any more.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Always just called them barn swallows. Good at eating bugs and really fun to shoot at in the evenings. They are really good practice for dove and duck season.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Originally posted by riverbottomhunter
Always just called them barn swallows. Good at eating bugs and really fun to shoot at in the evenings. They are really good practice for dove and duck season.
We do that on occasion..

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts

Or.. you can just get rid of the nests with the waterballoon
slingshot dealy..

No more poo on the tractor seats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.