Our favorite time of year is upon us..

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by TATER, Oct 28, 2010.

1. TATER

TATER Active Member

In honor of our favorite time of year!

An avid duck hunter was in the market for a new retriever. His search ended when he found a dog that could actually walk on water to retrieve a duck. Shocked by his find, he was sure none of his friends would ever believe him.

He decided to try to break the news to a friend of his, the eternal pessimist who refused to be impressed with anything. This, surely, would impress him. He invited him to hunt with him and his new dog.

As they waited by the shore, a flock of ducks flew by. They fired, and a duck fell. The dog responded and jumped into the water. The dog, however, did not sink but instead walked across the water to retrieve the bird, never getting more than his paws wet. This continued all day long; each time a duck fell, the dog walked across the surface of the water to retrieve it.

The pessimist watched carefully, saw everything, but did not say a single word.

On the drive home the hunter asked his friend, "So, did you notice anything unusual about my new dog?"

"Yep, I sure did," responded the pessimist. "He can't swim."

I hope everyone has a very safe and productive duck season!:eek::
    Tater

2. :claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

3. SUFI57

SUFI57 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    :eek:: thats a good one. cant wait till sunday

4. S_Z_R

S_Z_R New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    SWMO
    Good one brutha....To all, have a safe and productive season BUT above all, have fun and enjoy the time spent afield with friends and family.

5. TATER

TATER Active Member

Jase,
    We need to get together for a hunt or 3 this year!
    :eek::Tater

6. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    think i'll just deer hunt this year:D

7. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    [rquote=1868435&tid=130055&author=winger]think i'll just deer hunt this year:D[/rquote]

Can't get the dekes from the youngun huh?

8. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    nope, they are in the bathtub right now

9. TATER

TATER Active Member

I am the very proud owner of a "Swampy" Woodie Drake as of today! :eek::

10. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1869037&tid=130055&author=TATER]I am the very proud owner of a "Swampy" Woodie Drake as of today! :eek::[/rquote]

stop your teasing and post up pics son:mad2:

11. Son_of_Cold_Duck

Son_of_Cold_Duck 1:8655 idiots right Red?

Dec 16, 2008
    i\'m skeeered
    Winger wants to see pics of Tater's Woodie!! ! :rof2:

12. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    [rquote=1869037&tid=130055&author=TATER]I am the very proud owner of a "Swampy" Woodie Drake as of today! :eek::[/rquote]

Theres a shocker for ya.:eek:

13. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1869045&tid=130055&author=Son_of_Cold_Duck]Winger wants to see pics of Tater's Woodie!! ! :rof2:[/rquote]

you wore the pics of your woodie out:D

14. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Tater told ya that story of the wore out woodie??

15. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1869110&tid=130055&author=DADAKOTA]Tater told ya that story of the wore out woodie??[/rquote]

if he did it was after the keg was dry and the homemade stuff so i don't remember.:D

16. TATER

TATER Active Member

Dude as been stated on here before.. I don't even own a camera! You can see the new Swampy deke when we hunt over it!:eek::

17. S_Z_R

S_Z_R New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    SWMO
    Tater,

I am ready, willing, and most likely able whenever!!! I will drive to you or we can meet in the middle, just say when.

18. TATER

TATER Active Member

We are back in the "Duck and Hide" this year. pray for it to start raining as we need some water in the woods. I am also in a club now in the north zone. 45 minutes from the BR. Lets put a plan together brother!:cheers:

19. S_Z_R

S_Z_R New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    SWMO
    you still have my number??? I have yours but its on my other phone thats at the bottom of TRL.