Our dog was attacked!

Discussion in 'Dogs' started by venatic, Apr 1, 2017.

1. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Took our trio of dogs to Petco for their annual shots and Jake was attacked by someone else's dog. Had to take him to the emergency vet for treatment of his wounds.

The person who's dog attacked Jake paid the vet's bill.

Attached Files:

2. crappiehunter18

crappiehunter18 Active Member

Nov 9, 2014
    That sucks.What breed attacked him?

3. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Looks pretty nasty around the neck. Hope your dog heals up well. At least the person paid for it and you didn't have fight em in court.
  4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's was a boxer I believe. Someone else had another boxer there too that we met earlier.
  5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    dam, was you carrying ? I would have shot the other dog;)
  6. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had my silent weapon with me' but my hands were full holding all the dogs.
  7. timberdoodle

timberdoodle Senior Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Stanton mo
    Poor fella . I've had one get her neck chewed up once like that . Those drain tubes can get pretty nasty .
  8. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He only has to have it for few days.
  9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    "Oh my dog won't bite":D...........right......if I've heard that once I've heard it a hundred times.
  10. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    That sucks, sorry to see that. I once had two coyotes attack my beagle. After hearing the squalling howls from my dog I was there within a few minutes with a 1911 .45 and flashlight but the coyotes had already torn my old dog to shreds only giving me one short glimpse and no shot. Initially I thought of putting the old beagle down because I thought he was probably done for. The damage was severe with literally big deep chunks of flesh gone and deep bite wounds seeping thick blood. I scooped him up and carried him home. The wife called the Vet and we met him at the Animal Hospital. This happened about 11:00 at night. After a lot of intensive care from the Vet, a week in the hospital and several thousand dollars we got our old buddy back home. We nursed him back to health again but he was blind in one eye and had a noticeable limp in one back hip afterward. He lasted about two and a half more years after the coyote incident. I still miss that old beagle and it's been five years since he passed.
  11. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

does it really matter?

I'd been so royally piszzed..I'd had the cops called
  12. crappiehunter18

Nov 9, 2014
    Sure it matters.If it's one of the breeds that are known for unpredictable behavior.Answer proofed my point.That being said, every breed can attack, some more then others.And calling the cops won't help the poor dog that got attacked.Wait for the vicious chihuahua to chime in.
  13. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
  14. Maddog3355

Maddog3355 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Maries County
    All dogs can bite. BUT some dogs bite and don't let go.
  15. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

People are the same with their dogs as they are their children. They assume they are well behaved. Many are not . Sorry bout your pooch Gary.
  16. Mrs. Venatic

Mrs. Venatic Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Florissant, MO
    Jake is 17-18 lbs....big girl was at least 70 lbs. Her final clamp...would not let go.. the lady that owned her was actually slugging her with her fist HARD trying to get her let go. All the red areas especially on the one side with the one puncture not sutured are all bruising. A lot of whimpering last night when he stirred. Slept on the floor next to him.
  17. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

thats nice. I hope that he recovers and doesn't have any lasting problems. I'll be interested in knowing how the lil guy responds to going to Petco or other strange larger dogs.

what did Petco do ? Were there other witnesses?

MAJORTOM Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2006
    At work as usual
    Hope Jake recovers quickly! Does Petco have leash requirements in there stores? I see people taking they're dogs into other stores all the time without a leash. There's an employee at the local Lowes that brings her dog to work and see it in the store all the time. They're just asking for trouble!
  19. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Hope Jake recovers well,the owner of the other dog needs put down.My daughter regularly asks if she can pet some strangers dog and starts to put her face down within bite reach to pet them.Some dogs are people friendly but not pet friendly and Ive met many dogs who love adults but hate children.Good luck on the healing process.My dogs get treated better than some people treat their kids,looks to be the same with your dogs
  20. crappiehunter18

Nov 9, 2014
    Sure,but unless you have FULL control over your dog at ALL times,on or off leash, you're asking for trouble.Hope Jake heels up properly,you're a good woman sleeping on the floor by his side.