Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how does every get all there gear to there hunting spot. and what is a good number of decoys to bring with? i have 24 in one bag and hoping that is more than enough. how far is the walk? i have never been to the slough

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Some guys put it all on there back, and I believe some guys will walk in gear in a boat but its been a long time since ive been there so i could be wrong on that one...you may want to call them to make sure thats okay. As far as i can remember all the blinds are different regarding the walk in.

·
13,417 Posts
Internet scouting at it finest!!

Where do you make your first cut when cleaning a duck???

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Buck.... go to the MDC website and look under waterfowl. There will be an area where you can get all the directions, info, etc for otter slough. They'll even have a phone number that you can call and it'll tell you how many birds they're holding and harvested the previous day. All this info will be broken out by pool's once you get there. Just make sure you get there by the time they require so you can draw your pill. If you have a reservation, you'll still need to be there to draw. I'd get there even earlier because reservation holders get to draw first.

It appears that the Otter draw time is 4:15am. I'd get there no later than 4am.

http://www.mdc.mo.gov/hunt/wtrfowl/draw.html

I hope that help,

DS

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
[rquote=1496369&tid=104448&author=Skduckhunt]Internet scouting at it finest!!

Where do you make your first cut when cleaning a duck???[/rquote]

:rof2:

Some of the walks are a mile +, some are close. They vary from spot to spot. Gotta scout it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.