Osceola Outfitter Recommendations

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by fullfan, Oct 16, 2017.

1. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Looking for 3 hunters for this coming spring. I have been before but he was not equipped for 3 hunters. Let me know where you've been and how it went

2. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Just out of curiosity how did you fare last time, I been looking at an Osceola a lot. Thought about going DIY, but I hear it is THICK down there and a man might be money ahead to have an outfitter, even if they only put you in an area that has birds.

3. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    My brother was mentioning a possible trip a while back with one of his buddies who has gone down there with an outfitter the past couple of years. This guy was saying that a lot of the areas he had were being encroached upon by development and that it was a problem throughout the Osceola range. Guy told my brother that if a fella wanted a chance at a private land Osceola, the opportunities were increasingly becoming more limited.
    I will check with him and see if he has any info.

fullfan likes this.
  4. nevergvup

nevergvup Senior Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Fenton
    My wife was happy with Gods Country Outfittters for her Osceola.
    www.godscountryoutfitters.net

5. swat1018

swat1018 Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    LaBelle
    I've killed 4-5 on wide open public spots without draws. If you really want a good hunt apply for some of the special opportunity hunts they offer, prime public with only a few hunters allowed. Permits are a little more but worth the $$. Sorry, but I ain't payin' $1500-2000 for a turk. There are also some archery/ML areas only with lots of birds and less pressure. (Starvation Slough for one)

6. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Thanks!

7. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Did really well. I killed the first morning and so did my other buddy. His brother hunted all 3 days and got close but never got one. Our guide had to enlist the help of a big landowner to accommodate us. He had to pay the landowner a flat fee for the 2 birds we killed. I'd like to go back but don't know how to get in touch with the landowner.

8. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    I paid for the first one under the assumption it would be a one time deal. My cousin from GA is graduating high school and his dad wants us to go on a trip to celebrate. I'm not looking for a guarantee, but I don't want to be trudging around on public land wasting my time. I haven't had the conversation yet, but I'd rather go on a rio hunt where we can make a pile

20' likes this.
  9. Dingus

Dingus Active Member

Sep 1, 2016
    My vote is for Rio trip and stacken em up. If he lives in Georgia, he can make a Florida hunt happen at some point. Hard to beat Texas Hill Country on a quality ranch and doing something new for the both of ya.

fullfan likes this.
  10. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Any recommendations? I spoke with him over xmas and he is more interested in making a pile now

11. Muleskinner

Muleskinner Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County
    @CLIFFHANGER he usually does well down there w/o outfitter I believe.
    Gets some gators too!
    H

12. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    No Florida. Looking for Rio options