Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

· Registered
70,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will be updated as I work in progress. Working on it as my health allows it.

Starting out as a semi straight Osage Orange (hedge) tree that came from MWT member Mastevts farm just outside of Warrensburg Mo. It was cut over two years ago and is now seasoned (dried) and ready to start making it into a bow.

I will update with photos as the work progresses over time.

Plant Tree Branch Terrestrial plant Trunk
Plant Hat Sun hat Tree Yellow
Wood Trunk Bedrock Tints and shades Artifact
Plant Wood Hand tool Gas Lumber
Wood Food Natural material Hardwood Dish
Wood Natural material Food Table Hardwood
Wood Trunk Plant Artifact Twig
Plant Tree Wood Fish Finger
Hand Gesture Finger Natural material Wood
Wood Natural material Finger Wood stain Hardwood

No finish date is set....I'm semi-retired. ;)

To be continued...…...

· Registered
8,049 Posts
Crossbow?

Reactions: Chew

· Banned
81,617 Posts
On a serious note. How long do you project it will take? Do you think you will hunt with it this year ?

· Registered
70,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On a serious note. How long do you project it will take? Do you think you will hunt with it this year ?
On a serious note....I was mowing grass at my cabin today. Just got home. Might work on the bow tomorrow. As for how long it takes.......between a week and 3 months. I have no deadline to complete this project. I would rather take a deer with my hickory bow since it was grown here on my place before I take a deer with the Osage Orange bow.

· Registered
70,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hunt in an area that has a big field with "tree islands" that are mostly mature Osage Orange's.

Thanks to you, I spend more time staring at the trees wondering if they are straight enough to make a bow than I do watching for deer lol
No time like the present to cut one down.

· Registered
8,049 Posts
1 - 20 of 221 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.