Osage arm of LOZ

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Snowman, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    Does anyone fish the Osage arm or end (I don't know what is the proper term) of LOZ? How do you do there?

2. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    I don't even know where it is. North side near dam?

3. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    When I look at a map I think East and West but logically I guess it would be North:bangin: Except up here where the rivers do flow North to Lake Superior:bangin: Everything is goofy here!:frown: But the closest place for me to get on LOZ will be at Buffalo Winery or cove!

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Just need to get cha a boat and toss some jigs around the docks! Or pick up some friends with docks. The crappies hold to the brush that people drop.

Watch out for the big bass lurking too though, they'll break you off quick!

BUT....WARNING....some people think that the water under their docks is theirs, so they tend to not like people fishing around them. Just something to keep in mind.

I've heard of people with motioned sensored water hoses, and others that'll throw black cats in your boat! :eek:

Parker

5. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Are you talking about where the Osage runs thru Warsaw, below the dam?

There's reports of some BIG catfish, in that area...but I haven't caught any. Probably 'cause I'm forced to fish from the bank... :frown:

I catch most (if not all) my catfish, just below the Truman Lake dam.

6. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    I bass fish allot in the Linn Creek area, I would stay out of that place! NO FISH!!! ;)

7. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

That like the brush piles I put in Sardis they don't hold any fish.

8. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    I did a quick search of what map info I have handy and came up empty handed. Osage arm might refer to the stretch from somewhere in the upper LOZ to Warsaw since most of the arms simply bear the name of a drowned river. Happens that Osage is the one they dammed to make the lake.

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I have fished in the past from the bank just below Truman Dam. You never know what you will catch there. You had better bring a lot of crappie jigs with you if you fish for crappie there. Lots of rocks to get hung up on. This is the first place that I took my new bride to fish one mid-April day and now I can't go fishing without her. Here is a link to the fishing below the dam at Warsaw. http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/living/special_packages/lake_of_the_ozarks/11133202.htm

10. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Snowman. I've guided quite a bit in that stretch of water from Buffalo to Hurricane Deck. (Actually from Warsaw to HD but that's another matter.)

That is some of the most productive water on the lake. The water color is usually pretty good with some variance from stained to somewhat clear depending on how far up river you are and boat traffic etc.

The big boats are working there way up the lake but from Bollinger to Buffalo they aren't TERRIBLE yet. But boat traffic can still be an issue.

The fish are pretty easy to figure too. They are on one of two things. Rock or wood. As Parker mentioned, the wood being man made cover under the docks.

You are moving in to one of the hottest fishin holes in MO once ya get it figured out. :cheers:

11. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    The Osage arm is the arm that will take you to Warsaw and begins to resemble a river as you get up around Bull Run (still no fish) but you may be able to trick a Gar or Drum ad if your lucky a Carp. The lake is loaded with crappie! The docks with brush are the way to go, If you want some exact details go to mwbt.com and they will be alot more help as they are on the lake every day.

12. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    if your talking buffalo cove,you got some good catfishing there.i got a lot of big ones just out side there.say thirty to forty pounds alot of nights we would bring in three or four hundred pound stringers in.we when fished alot down there we always went to warsaw we did okay.but we we started coming down further and started putting in at hiawatha beach we started doing amazinly better.to me the best fishing is in between the to.there is a flat just outside the 72 hole that will flat put the hurts to you.

13. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    ENOUGH ENOUGH you guys...... I'm getting a woody! If the fishing is half as good as you guys are making it sound I'm haveing a MWT fish fry! When I get the boat down, I'll buy the gas, beer and bait for the first outting that any of you that are willing and able to put up with me! For round 2 we split the beer and bait!:wink4:

14. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    I will be there and bring another boat and a couple beers...