Opinions on what to do?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by cardiackiller, Nov 14, 2010.

1. cardiackiller

cardiackiller New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    SW(land of giants)
    Dad shot a doe about 9:30 we gutted her about 60 yards from his stand and drove the truck back in there and got her. Hes leavin to go hunt with a buddy and said he saw lots of deer this morning out of that stand. So i have two options. should i hunt it all day or do you think the deer will be spooked out of there or i could hunt it till 2 and then go to a buddys of mine that has quite a few deer as well. What would you do>

2. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude Active Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Myself would prob sit rest of day, deer a curious they will come back!

3. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

the gut pyle or the truck wont bother the deer at all.i would sit there all day

4. NoLuck

NoLuck Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Mehlville,MO
    The biggest buck I have ever killed had his nose stuck in the gut pile of a doe I had just shot the same morning. If there are deer moving in that area I would stick with it.

5. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Yep, they come to gut piles. Good place to hunt. :eek::

6. Mofireman39

Mofireman39 Member

Aug 21, 2010
    True story, my dad actually shot a deer over a gut pile several years ago. It does happen so don't let that sway you to leave.

MoFire

7. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    someone have a gutpile i can borrow? i cant seem to see much of anything. seen a couple this morning but it was an illegal buck chasing to does, and they were MOVING!

8. RCFire328

RCFire328 New Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Rolla
    Stay in the same spot. if they were there they will come back. That gut pile wont bother them. if anything they'll be curious about it