Opening Morning

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by oneshot 1, Apr 15, 2006.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I know where I'm going.This morning it was trying to storm so I stayed at the House instead of going over on Goverment Land.

There was about 4 Toms around the House.I have one that has been staying real close the last couple weeks.He is the one.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin loves it when we have a plan.

2. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    That reminds me of the time I stayed home from deer hunting, 'cause I had a monster headache. I figured it was no big loss, 'cause I ain't been seeing nothin' in the past week, anyways.

Well, that evening, I saw where all the deer were hanging out ~ in my driveway... :eek:

3. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    Opening morning I will hopefully be at a small opening that we seeded last fall. Not much actually came up but there has been scratching everytime I have checked it. This will be my first time ever that I tried this thing called Turkey Huntin!:dancin: I sprayed all my clothes this morning and will start packing soon! LOOK OUT YOU LARGE BIRDS! :D

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yes sir i got em all scouted out.. know xactly where imma be.. hopefully by 7:30 ill be home with a big un

5. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    the gobblers around here are deaf!!!
    i located one last friday, now there long gone from that place

6. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

hmmm, opening morning I'll be in class. But Tuesday morning I should find success.

7. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Opening morning I'll be hunting with an old buddy (87) who has hunted turkeys in Missouri since the beginning of the modern season. I look forward to this every year. We have our spot scoped out oo.:D

Jack

8. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Well I went and figured out where they're round this morning...

Too bad opening morning isn't this Monday like i was thinking for some reason! :bangin::bangin::bangin:

9. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I have no idea where I'll be on opening morning. It probably won't be turkey huntin,,,and probably won't be in the state of Mo. Good luck to all who get to partake of the opening day festivities.

:cheers::cheers:

10. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    ran into a similar situation bowkill.. however, it seems the ones down here are not really deaf, more just affraid of their shadows.. gobble like theres no tomorrow til the sun comes out and then they loose their vocal chords... all henned up :banghead:

11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Gotta work on opening day. For that matter all week and then on saturday morning heading for the campout at Hayzers. I guess I will be starting my hunting later the next week. I really doesn't matter when I go as long as I get to experience the great outdoors. Just sitting there under that big oak tree at daybreak listening to natures world wake up is enough for me. If a turkey happens to be nearby even better.

12. buckbuster14

buckbuster14 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Moberly, Missouri
    Usually, i don't have a plan. Things work out more that way! lol

13. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Takin opening morning off and hunting Painted Rock CA with droptine (Matt). Should be a blast.

If I strike out then, I'm hunting with fireman_3311 (Brad) on Friday morning. THEN, if I strike out...

I'll be hunting with more MWT folks at Hayzer's campout!