Opening Day Anyone?

Discussion in 'Trout & Fly Fishing' started by 10pointer, Feb 8, 2006.

1. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    who's all going into the fiasco we all call the "trout opener" on march 1st ???

Ill be at montuak for the 1st and 2nd...i havnt been to an opener in years so this is going to be a refreshing experience for me to say the least. I will hopefully come out opening day with a full stringer of lunkers. Closest i ever came was 2 and that wasnt an opeing day. Last years catch and keep season yeilded 11 lunkers for me, hopefully this year will be better!

so who alls comin with me?:banana:

2. I wont be there on the opener but about the first week of turk season i will. I aint trying to brag but if you wanna tear into them let me know. Acouple of guy taught me the tricks. I dont know how many times i have been there at 9 and limited out in 15 minutes and left laughing at the folks that were still walking around with one or two fish after fishing all morning. Some of us are talking about renting a cabin first week of turkey season. Maybe we could get a group fishing trip planned.

chad

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Have at it! I'll be in FLA after stripers..

4. Sounds like fun! Prolly alot better eating too.

chad

5. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    I am so there...

10pointer and whomever else, I'll be in campsite 405 Tuesday and Wednesday night. Stop by. You'll have to tell me your lunker secrets, I have yet to land any and have been fishing way too long.

Rocko, in my book, a limit doesn't mean success. That person with one or two fish on their stringer could be me. The only time I fish for a limit is if I only have a couple hours to fish and still I'm selective on the size I will keep. If I catch and release 50 fish and only keep two, that is success. Your fishing is done in 15 minutes, mine lasts most of the day. And with the limit now 4, I'll probably only have one on the stringer in the morn.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    10ptr when are we gonna go spend some money on that intro to flyfishin stuff you have there at YOUR store?

7. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Yeh, what Nicholas said. Can I get into flyfishing for less than $100?

8. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    Have to work that day but come friday I will be somewere trout fishing.

9. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man you couldn't pay me enough to get back out on opening day of trout season been there done that

10. Mathews1cam

Mathews1cam Senior Member

Aug 4, 2004
    LBC
  11. Sprint#24

Sprint#24 Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Swamp East
    Nope, wont go 'cause a kid wif a $10 snoopy rod caught more Trout than me and my $150 graphite outfit! :banghead:

12. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    I have seen combo kits under a hundie, however it sure would be nice to have 10 ptr there to guide you through the pickings!

13. Why does everyone have to go back to the purity of the pursuit idea? All i was saying is i would be glad to share some of the secrets guys have tought me. i never said i always catch my limit in 15 minutes and leave. I hardly ever keep a fish unless someone wants them. they taste like crap. So dont worry about jumping on me about i am putting the prey before the pursuit. Because when its fishing i do. I hate not catching anything. I fish to catch fish not to find personal clarity. Thanks for understanding.

chad:horse:

14. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    touchy touchy :peepwall:

15. Nope, ijust get tired of everyone trying to force that spirit of the wild crap on me. I love to hunt but its even better when i put something on the ground. i like to fish but i hate fishing all day without a bite. Not trying to be rude just being honest. What we need alot more of.No point and trying to say you hunt because you wanna get in touch with nature. If you do thats great. But whats the goal in hunting or fishing?? The harvest. Just my opinion though.

thanks chad

16. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    :hysterical: teds show cracks me up beyond belief.... Now i cant get that dang soung out of my head.. :rotfl:

17. That aint no chit!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

18. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Have you guys watched that reality show he does on CMT or VH1 or MTV or whatever. Surviving Nugent I think is the name of it. It's hilarious.

19. I seen part of one night before last were he made them cape out some deer heads. I think the guys nuts. But he has done more for our sport than most of us ever will.

chad

20. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yeah ive watched it here and there.. i think its called, Ted or Alive.. its hilarious..:rotfl: