opening a can of worms here ***beware**

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by huntforfunnfood, Feb 9, 2006.

1. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    with some of the recent events (aka jimmys trails and trublations) and some of the commets here i am choosing to open a huge can of worms and going to beat a dead horse a couple more times.

why is it most everyone inculding my self crenge when we hear any committ about a high fenced hunt. personally i am not favorable of even the hog hunts behind fence it just don't seem right to me........Now were the worms get opened.......i am a huge hyporcate...........i have before and will again hunt pen raised birds.......heck every year we buy 100 ring necks make a little circle of round bales to release them from and make 8-10 stations arond them and shoot them when they fly out. now yeah they can get away and some times do but how different is this really different? why do i think this is ok but critize those behind high fences?

2. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Are the birds drugged? (my only comment)

Or are you just referring to the fence(s)?

BTW ~ Are you gonna be at the pheasant hunt, this weekend? :D

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Good post. I have not done this myself but sure can't complain about those who do. My landlord owns a quail and pheasant operation. He keeps after me to come shoot a few and I have not made it yet but sure planning to.

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    That wuz mean.......:hysterical::hysterical:

5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    HFFF, were you drugged?

Jack:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    :bangin: Jack :hysterical:

7. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    jack
    lets see i have been drugged prior to but after you can bet yes there was a small amout of barley pop in my system.

rick
    i had made plans to especally after missing last years hunt to but seem the wife has to take a class to learn how to have a baby so i am going to be by her side all day because she told me i was going to be. i would sure rather be at the hunt and see all you guys.

8. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    I try not to judge how others hunt as long as its legal. Theres alot of legal practices out there that I dont do, but thats their choice and I wont knock anyone for doin it. If you are happy shooting a deer in a pen then so be it, just always support every type of hunting or else we will get slowly whittled away until we have no hunting at all.

9. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Well for me I only do free range hunting. I can not condon any canned hunt period. I was offered a "canned" duck hunt on a privite fenced compound for half price. I turned it down. The ducks were released from their pen and was trained to fly down to a pond and the hunters were placed in between. The same compound has numerous bucks all behind a 10 ft fence. While I hunt free range I will keep silent about those who do hunt like this. Only in cases where a big name star screws up and doesn't come clean will I speak out formally against such things.

10. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :hysterical: CHAIRMAN! Are you on a roll or what?!

Parker

11. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

Not my intention. Canned hunts are canned hunts, which if that is your choice, then who am I to say any different. But to drug an animal (or fowl) to make it easier (easier than a canned hunt ~ who da' thunk :roll2: ), well...that speaks for itself.

I was just referring to what really upset me about Bellar's, which I'm sure this thread was born from ~ right?!

Oops ~ my 2nd comment... :bangin:

12. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I think where the difference comes in for most people is...

You're not out their making video's and makin money off your hunts by tellin everyone they're fair chase. You know, Pursuing the "Elusive Indiana whitetail".... You're just out tryin to have a good time..

Plus, when it comes to these big name hunters, there's a lot of jealousy, and when some people get a chance to pounce...... Well you're seein it...

I personally watch these shows with a considerable amount of skepticism... And so I'm not too surprised, or shocked that this has happened.... Mebbe it's just the "show-me" Missourian in me...

13. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    i don't think i have an opinon one way or another.i have never did it,but in the same breath i do keep looking at the pig and turkey combo hunts in texas on ebay,i mean for a couple of hundred bucks your pretty well gonna kill something when you go.i guess for me it would all depend how big of a enclosure your going to,if it was several thousand acres i could handle it,but small ones i don't think so. a friend of mine went to one last month up here the way they hunted them was kicking them out of brushpiles and shooting them like rabbits.that doesn't turn me on at all.but if it was spot and stalk on several acres my arm could be twisted.i guess it all goes down to personal choice and preference.

14. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

I'm always on a roll, dude... :rotfl:

Get it??? :peepwall:

15. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I don't get it.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Jack

16. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    I knew that, I was being usual smart behind.......:D

17. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Take your med's today, Jack?! :rotfl:

18. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana

Now that was funny !!

19. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Oh and my comment on the thread...bite me...

no just kidding.

I guess I won't film, produce and sell my movie of the hog hunt.

Yes I do see a difference in a 400 acre "wild" boar hunt and a 6 acre hunt for a whitetail. I look at it the same as any put and take hunt I have been on. It's fun and it's easy

20. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Well as a matter of fact thanks for reminding me.:D Got some new pills yesterday and they was only $3.30 a piece.:eek:

Jack