Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Part-time malcontent
7,945 Posts
Still short of the 20" mark. I can't catch one over 20" to save my damn life! Damn near everybody I've taken in my boat has caught one for me to net though! Big rainbows I can catch but I have a curse when it comes to browns.
I’m sure I’ve fly fished 90+ percent of the time while fishing last year. Didn’t catch a trout all year. Maybe the first time that’s happened in 35 years. 🥃

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I’m sure I’ve fly fished 90+ percent of the time while fishing last year. Didn’t catch a trout all year. Maybe the first time that’s happened in 35 years. 🥃
Fly fishing is something I need to get more in to. Last fall we hit Taneycomo for a fun trip (no tournaments) and spent some time with the fly rods. I ended up catching my flyrod PB, a 21" rainbow on a white mega worm under an indicator on a shallow flat. That was a blast!

Water Shorts Vertebrate Muscle Boat

·
Part-time malcontent
7,945 Posts
Fly fishing is something I need to get more in to. Last fall we hit Taneycomo for a fun trip (no tournaments) and spent some time with the fly rods. I ended up catching my flyrod PB, a 21" rainbow on a white mega worm under an indicator on a shallow flat. That was a blast!

View attachment 228119
That’s a beauty!

I caught a lot of fish last year, but only went trout fishing twice and didn’t get anything in the boat. Both trout outings were on Taneycomo, never did any wading in trout waters. I beat up on the bass, bluegill, and pike though.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts