one way moving trucks with lift gate??

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by traditional, Oct 30, 2010.

1. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    Anyone know of any?? The wife and I are moving to kansas city from atlanta after hunting season is over. I am a mechanic and have to move my tool box along with everything else of course. Standard loading ramps will never work. Large tool box and full.

any help would be great!

thanks

:cheers:

2. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    thanks, already tried them though. :)

"one way rentals not available"

3. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

4. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    thanks gogop. i will keep looking :)

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Well.......... looks like you have shot my idea in the rear! I am guessing you are moving yourselves and not using a relocation company. Most of them have a ramp or lift. I do not believe that U Haul has a one way on those trucks either.

6. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    I have now called all of them. NO one way truck rental with a lift gate. I have no idea how im going to move my toolbox half way across the country now.

7. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Maybe you could get one with a good ramp, and figure a way to use a manual winch for pulling the toolbox up it.

8. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    I might get a flat bed tow truck to pick it up and roll it onto the uhaul. Just a thought so far.

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    [rquote=1878513&tid=130303&author=traditional]I have now called all of them. NO one way truck rental with a lift gate. I have no idea how im going to move my toolbox half way across the country now.[/rquote]

I know it sucks............. but you might have to empty that baby out!

10. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    [rquote=1878926&tid=130303&author=cfrazee_mo]
    I know it sucks............. but you might have to empty that baby out![/rquote]

that makes me want to cry :whinging:

it has a lifetime of tools in it. :eek:

11. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    if your toolbox is anything like mine, even empty you wont be able to roll it up a uhaul ramp..the ramp isnt wide enough. putting it on a rollback and then into the truck sounds like a logical solution to me though

12. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    it will never go up a uhaul ramp for sure. its a matco double bay with a hutch and a side locker. im going to go with the flat bed to load it for sure.

13. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    [rquote=1881263&tid=130303&author=SNA2STL]http://www.pensketruckrental.com/commercial-truck-rentals/moving-cargo-vans/16-ft-to-26-ft-cdl-26000-gvw.html[/rquote]

thanks, but i have called them as well. only in town business gets a life gate. :confused:

I still dont understand why...

14. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    i have the matco double bay, no hutch...trying to talk a coworker out of his side box if he buys a new one:D it was everything 3 of us guys had to roll it up onto a car hauler with a 6ft ramp. rolling it off the trailer...well, that was nothing short of a theatrical event

15. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

That does not sound right! I took one from California, Huntington Beach to Saint Charles, Mo. Yes with lift gate/ramp combo.

16. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    [rquote=1882526&tid=130303&author=Jeremy]i have the matco double bay, no hutch...trying to talk a coworker out of his side box if he buys a new one:D it was everything 3 of us guys had to roll it up onto a car hauler with a 6ft ramp. rolling it off the trailer...well, that was nothing short of a theatrical event[/rquote]

sounds like a good time :rof2:

[rquote=1882644&tid=130303&author=SNA2STL]That does not sound right! I took one from California, Huntington Beach to Saint Charles, Mo. Yes with lift gate/ramp combo.[/rquote]

how long ago? I wonder if this is a new rule or something??

17. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Good point, 2003.