Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know what to say other than i think we have our new pack leader. Leah is her name and she is daughter to Pistol who I just lost on the 2nd. I can't believe what I was seeing on saturday she was on her A game and was unstopable. She caught 3 rabbits that were not shot at. I Don't really know how she did it but she did. All the sudden you'd hear a squeal and sure enough their she was bringing it to me. I have several video clips of her thru out the day from this hunt that I will not forget. She retrieved I believe 8 rabbits for me on this day. She lead the pack on every single race and did a fantastic job. I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Both my hunting partner for the day Brian and I got our Mo limits and if another hunter was with us No doubt they'd had got theirs too.

video - hope you guys enjoy. I know their are alot but watch them all. I get a kick out of them every time I watch.

Rabbit Caught -

Another Caught -

type of cover we were in

[file]82951[/file]

[file]82953[/file]

[file]82955[/file]

That is me with the pack and the days hunt - 12 cottontails That is my ringo Pup that is closest to me. Ringo Passed away on the 4th

[file]82957[/file]

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by Joeyman]

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
:claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

watchin em now Joey, these are awsome :cheers:

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Odie's sittin here next to me, you oughta see his head ****ing from side to side from hearing you and the pack :D:cheers:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Good video Joey.
10 years ago we had about 7 beagles we ran every chance we got. We'd usually run certain dogs one day, then rotate. We give it up a couple years ago. Sure had a blast when we were running. Wife would beg me not to bring any more rabbits home. I'd usually have a big rabbitt fry, and she was always good with rabbitt and dumplings take to the gals at church, or someone that was having a hard time. Now I'll shoot a couple here and there, but the kids have got into raising tame rabbitts, so we're eatin' the other white meat!:D

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a blast grunter73 I love it.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1500942&tid=104744&author=knockemdeadd]Odie's sittin here next to me, you oughta see his head ****ing from side to side from hearing you and the pack :D:cheers:[/rquote]

lol....kevin....Tell odie leah is off limits. Aint none of that gonna happen

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Joey, good to see you are having a good season so far. And know you got to be just tickled pink seeing so many of Pistol's characteristics in Leah.

Now, please forgive me as I don't know, but was Ringo a dog you've had for some time and he had been retired?

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ringo belongs to ghbeagles a friend of mine he is a board member. Ringo was a Field champion beagle and he passed away Dec. 4th. I have one female pup out of him she is almost 7 months old and doing great for a pup. watch out for her this time next season. she's fast now imagine when she's all grown up.

leah picked up the retrieving trait from pistol. He use to retrieve for me too. I still miss him and I'd pay lots of money to have him back.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:wave:........check out them video's

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Joey get that booger off your camera screen....lol

Great vids, I hope I get to go around xmas again this year with my boys.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol.........I keep the camera in my vest pocket and all the little weed stuff get into my pockets and into the camera. I think their is a speck of something inside the camera it's self. My LCD screen has a ton of them somehow got behind the screen itself.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
enjoyed the videos!

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[rquote=1501470&tid=104744&author=ad870]enjoyed the videos![/rquote]

:cheers:

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Uhmm....you didn't pull out the bush honeysuckle in the first rabbit caught video. :wave:

Cool stuff Joey.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
im ready for a big trip joey..got some youngus need some time and a few older dogs that wil do their part i promise...u ned to get out with jr and i and there is 8 dogs on the ground poundin and al out of ringo....lol..thats a good time

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just rewatched the video. You talking about that small green plant? I think their is alot of that around at that place.

hey dan did you see the other video where the dogs are working the brushpile stuff. I must say you'd be impressed at what the CA is doing on the properties. They do awesome work. I've been seeing lots of trees cut down. and also lots of tree with deep cut marks what ever that is.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[rquote=1501521&tid=104744&author=ghbeagles]im ready for a big trip joey..got some youngus need some time and a few older dogs that wil do their part i promise...u ned to get out with jr and i and there is 8 dogs on the ground poundin and al out of ringo....lol..thats a good time[/rquote]

come on lets go.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
[rquote=1501522&tid=104744&author=Joeyman]I just rewatched the video. You talking about that small green plant? I think their is alot of that around at that place.
[/rquote]

Yep. Pretty sure that is what it was.

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by HabitatMD]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts