Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I should just go ahead and accept that the term "good customer service" just means doing the bare minimum instead of "bad customer service" which is doing nothing at all.

As many of you know, I ordered a new bow recently. When I got it, there were a couple of things wrong with it, minor things, but things wrong none the less. I informed them about their mistakes and they corrected it by giving me 6 arrows for free. Ok great. Now I realize that there are some obvious tuning mistakes made that should not have happened from a "PRO" shop.

I have a peep sight on my string that has now rotated and is now useless. I've had this bow for a week and I already have to take it somewhere to get serviced. I'm sure you are saying "Jay, rotating peeps happen all the time with new strings, they have to be shot before you install one...." YES, YOU ARE CORRECT and thats my whole point. On the spec sheet for my bow, it says my bow was shot 53 times during the tuning process....Hmmmm sounds like it should have been stretched to me!!!!

I also have a string loop that is now giving me nock pinch. Easy fix, yes, but still not the point. They should have done it right the first time!!!!

Am I off track here? Hell, I only spent $1100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Don't git all flustered!!!!lol. I believe 53 shots would stretch the string some, but prolly not enough...The nock pinch, maybe a drop of superglue would keep it from sliding together anymore? I feel your pain bro, alot of money spent, everything should be as YOU like it!!! Hang in there, keep shootin!!!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
the bucks you dropped on it they should have done it right.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
53 shots isn't enough to completely stretch the string. BUT I understand being frustrated with customer service.

Are they not taking care of it ? The things you mentioned are common with new bow set ups, if they're not taking care of it is a different matter.

:eek: $$$ 1100.00 was that a typo ?!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by coyotehunter
the bucks you dropped on it they should have done it right.
Yote, EXACTLY my whole issue here. Alot of the things that I paid for are whats wrong. You can't tell me this dude who shot it 53 times didn't experience any nock pinch. He should have fixed it.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it wasn't a typo. It was a package deal. I actually saved a good bit of money.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
From what I have been told in the past, nock pinch will usually occur when the d-loop is not tied properly. For right hand shooters, the end of the top part of the loop should be to the right and the end of the bottom part of the loop should be to the left. What I have seen in the past is they will have both ends facing the same way. Not sure exactly, but I would guess that would allow the loop to slip a bit.

MoBowman ```---------->

·
19,584 Posts
Originally posted by cfdjay

Am I off track here?

Hell, I only spent $1100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With the economy the way it is right now, and them making a sale like that, they should be stumbling all over themselves to make you happy ~ at the very least...IMHO

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I'd be pissed to Jay, don't worry about that, just don't let them screw you again.

By the way...just out of curiosity, does anyone know what string material/strings bowtech puts on their bows? The whole string stretch issue surprises me the most.

·
5,632 Posts
I'm not familiar with the string material that Bowtech uses. But I will tell you this: A lot of guys that are REAL particular about their bow setups will shoot 100 shots through their bows before they even mount their peep. Then they set it to spec and shoot another 200 arrows through it and set it to spec again...making any adjustments necessary to the peep at that time. I'm sorry but 53 shots just isn't enough shots on a new string to be assured that the peep wouldn't twist. It's a VERY simple procedure for them to fix it once it's on the press.

But, I do understand your aggrevation.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the other aggravation. It's huntersfriend who I'm dealing with and I don't exactly feel like mailing my bow off everytime something is wrong with it. I'm gonna to get as much free crap I can get out of them and just start doing everything myself. All the "pro" shops around here are a bunch of hacks.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
cfdjay, just send that bow back here to one of us Missouri boys and we will thoroughly test it for you for the next two years.:D We promise to break the string in naturally.:roll2:

Jack

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I'm getting a better picture now ! I though we were talking about a pro shop now a mail order type place.

:neuspeuter: Sorry wasn't on the same page as the rest of ya ~

·
5,632 Posts

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
Yea... I agree. I get a good perspective on the entire target out of my peripheral vision and it looks like that thing would cut off the entire bottom of your sight picture.

I have the zero peep with the latex tubing attached to the cable. I have never tried one like the Easton true vision and similar that do not have the tubing. They are supposed to line up regardless of string twist on the string..

·
5,632 Posts
The peep with a tube is good to keep it from rotating but it is prone to breaking.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.