older bottles I picked up today

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Hoytshooter, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    There were literally hundreds of old bottles scattered in this timber but I just picked up a few and brought them home.
    There were a ton of the old stubby rounded pepsi bottles but I didn't bring any home. All kinds of bottles like I've never seen before. Probably nothing extra special but neat anyway.
    Of these I brought home from the left...not sure what it is but it's like an old 64oz. juice bottle, then two one quart liquer bottles, a glass medicine bottle with the rubber still intact on the top, then the two on the right I have no idea what they are.
    By looking at the bottoms of the dated ones these are from the mid to late 1970's, no idea on the medicine bottle and the two on the right.
    Anyway, here they are, any guesses on them?

2. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO

3. T- Bone

T- Bone New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Wayne County Iowa
    There is not much made out of glass anymore, its all plastic.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    I think we might need a close up of those trophies as well...
    :wave:

5. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    I remember those old Orange Juice Bottle's... Seen one just the other day. I picked up an older 1980's Dr Pepper little 10 oz Bottle yesterday (embossed) and really old pint sized Whiskey Bottle. I had a really old Ketchup Bottle too, found it a couple weeks ago.Gave those 3 to my Uncle last night He said it was a really old one. It was thick and the bigger size. Had a heavy duty ring mid way down the Bottle. Was really balanced. I kept a embosed Pepsi Cola Bottle and an olde The Pop Shoppe painted Label Bottle's. The Ketchup one was neat... but I like the one's with embossing or Label's.

6. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    What about rocks HoytShooter? Did you pick up any rocks? That is what we really wanna know. ;)

7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

They look like good targets to me!!!!!!!!!! DSG, DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH, IT MAKES ME COUGH.......hehehecoughcough!!!

8. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    That was a great conversation! I am still waiting on those pics of the CO rocks!

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'll save that one for another nice nite in the chat room!!!!!!!

10. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    The 2 on the right are a bar b q sauce bottle and a pickle/relish bottle. You sure you didn't use these pics just to show off your trophys??:peepwall::rotfl:

11. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    LOL I am sure you will!

12. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO

:rotfl: I'm sure! I would have taken some very different pictures if that was the plan. I think most of the trophies that are visible in those pictures are old ones. I don't really have many sitting out anyway, maybe five or six more than you see in that picture. There's a few boxes full of archery ones in the attic, those need to head that way as well!

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    You crack me up..

14. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    I have found a few old bottles around the property I hunt, but never really gave them any thought...
    I think all of them that I've found are sitting in the house somewhere.