Ok Not Sure On Hunting?

Discussion in 'Hunting With A Disability' started by oneshot 1, Oct 28, 2017.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Ok first off I can't carry just myself any distance. Then if it is cool, not cold it hurts too bad. I know some just can't walk at all so I should feel blessed. This alone knocks me out of hunting for now.

Some are saying get your waiver to hunt from a vehicle. I have this but it can only be used on Private Land. Big hassle getting permission to go on Public Land.

Then some say well your automatic into Managed Hunts. No I'm not Wheelchair bound. Plus I have no Private Property to hunt on. Then trying to find someone to help me forget it. I have 5 Sons and they have other things to do. My wife don't like going in the woods.

The way it is I see no way of going hunting. And now going through BAAAAAAD Withdrawals.

Am I right on my thinking? I can still go fishing have several places I can drive to.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin went hunting. Not all that. It's cold out there and Guns are loud.

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Only you know what you are able to do.

3. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    True I see no way. Actually it is setting by the fire keeping warm and this has been a long time coming.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin can't set there.

trailblazer75 likes this.
  4. J1bucks

J1bucks Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I know how you feel oneshot 1. I had hip surgery back in June and still going through therapy. Depending on weather I can really feel it. I would love to get out and hunt this year but I don't know how well it will work out.

5. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

Did your son living in the garage get a second job and move out?
    If I wanted to hunt, getting permission to hunt out of a vehicle on public land does not seem like that big of a hassle to me.
    Maybe it’s just me, but if I wanted to hunt that badly, I would find a way

6. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

How old are you oneshot?

7. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Ok Son has his own life but still living in the Garage and wife is too busy.

Done talked with MDC. Steve Laval and there is no way I can hunt on Public Land even though I have the Waiver. The only way I can hunt is on Private property.

So just pick up Road Kill.

I'm 64.

oneshot
    :D Hey the big Grin is warm.

8. Dingo_thebabyeater

Dingo_thebabyeater Disabled & Deadly

Apr 10, 2017
    St. Louis
    "Done talked with MDC. Steve Laval and there is no way I can hunt on Public Land even though I have the Waiver. The only way I can hunt is on Private property."

You can defiantly get a Special Use Permit to hunt from your truck on public land. I have like 5-6 permits for different Conservation Areas. All you have to do is call the area manager of where you want to hunt and tell them your situation. Or you can come with me, I can take 2 people out with me on my permits and can hunt from my truck or someone else’s as long as Im there with my permit with me. I was at Little Lost Creek last evening and passed on a decent doe. Going back out there this evening and only going to shoot a buck since I can only use a Any Deer tag there and not allowed to use a Antlerless tag for whatever reason.

9. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Well I have the Waiver to hunt from a vehicle but can't get permission from the area Manager Steve to drive in any MDC areas. He said there is no Public Land I can hunt on from Vehicle even COE or MTNF Lands only places I can, can almost drive to but it is a Box Blinds and have to have someone to assist you.

It just not working because I either have to set or walk, then only couple hours.

Asked Chairman how hard it is.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is needed.

10. Dingo_thebabyeater

Dingo_thebabyeater Disabled & Deadly

Apr 10, 2017
    St. Louis
    What Conservation Areas are you trying to get permission at? I know of a couple that you can get permission to hunt from your truck and be able to bring someone with you under your permit.

11. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Lead Mine, Barclay, Mule Shoe, COE Land South of Warsaw and MTNF in East Laclede County.

Oh I was told I was required to bring someone with me.

oneshot

:D The Big Grins been everywhere Man the Big Grins been everywhere.