Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The National Weather Service says Starting Friday through Sunday night there is a chance of rain. and they are useing words again like Showers and Thunderstorms Likely with new rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches. Hope all us food plotters get a much needed rain.

I was talking to a guy last night and he said his grandfather
always said it takes a long time to get dry but it can get to wet overnight . Maybe we will get a just right rain for once!

Good luck to all!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Oh....it's gonna POUR....I have a fishing trip planned for Friday through Sunday....it is gonna POUR!!!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
let it come.i'll hunt in the rain

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Yep. they are really talking it up in SW Mo also.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Bring on the rain...I say.....
The ground needs it worse than I need a suntan and my daughter needs a Turkey...no rain for her!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
My guess is we'll get WAY too much and then it basically won't rain for months. Seems to be the norm now.......no rain, then 5-7 inches in a few days and then no rain for months. In the end it looks "normal" but all it really did was flood and drought. Turkey nesting just can't seem to get a break weather-wise anymore.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:mad2: Just keep it away from the campout :mad2:

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
rmr,
I just saw the forcast and they are calling for a 100% chance for tomorrow. Means we might get more than 2 sprinkles this time. I hope we get a nice slow rain all weekend. If so come monday those birds will be fired up again.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:dancin: Well its been raining here for about a hour real nice and slow I hear this big sucking sound up north it must be my food plots soaking up this much needed rain.
this is great for the pastures , hay, crops and ponds
sorry to all about the wet weather for the camp out but we need this really bad.
Oh yea Riverbottomhunter congrats to you and the soon to be Mrs. Riverbottomhunter on that big bird thats great!:cheers:

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
We ended up with around 3 "" in Ray County, almost got the truck stuck, kept the Turkeys from gobbling.
It was good steady rain and not much run off until Sunday, then the creeks were rolling, we need some sun now to make the flowers grow..

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Haven't heard how much we got today yet. I am guessing around 4". Roads and fields are flooded and look like duck lakes. Kind of glad I didn't go hunting this morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.