Ok here we go again

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by rmr, Apr 27, 2006.

1. rmr

rmr New Member

The National Weather Service says Starting Friday through Sunday night there is a chance of rain. and they are useing words again like Showers and Thunderstorms Likely with new rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches. Hope all us food plotters get a much needed rain.

I was talking to a guy last night and he said his grandfather
    always said it takes a long time to get dry but it can get to wet overnight . Maybe we will get a just right rain for once!

Good luck to all!:cheers:

2. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Oh....it's gonna POUR....I have a fishing trip planned for Friday through Sunday....it is gonna POUR!!!

3. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    let it come.i'll hunt in the rain

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Yep. they are really talking it up in SW Mo also.

5. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Bring on the rain...I say.....
    The ground needs it worse than I need a suntan and my daughter needs a Turkey...no rain for her!!

6. PFR

PFR New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    My guess is we'll get WAY too much and then it basically won't rain for months. Seems to be the norm now.......no rain, then 5-7 inches in a few days and then no rain for months. In the end it looks "normal" but all it really did was flood and drought. Turkey nesting just can't seem to get a break weather-wise anymore.

7. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

:mad2: Just keep it away from the campout :mad2:

8. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    rmr,
    I just saw the forcast and they are calling for a 100% chance for tomorrow. Means we might get more than 2 sprinkles this time. I hope we get a nice slow rain all weekend. If so come monday those birds will be fired up again.

9. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Active Member

May 2, 2005
    Springfield
    They're telling us 2 inches in SW MO.

10. rmr

rmr New Member

:dancin: Well its been raining here for about a hour real nice and slow I hear this big sucking sound up north it must be my food plots soaking up this much needed rain.
    this is great for the pastures , hay, crops and ponds
    sorry to all about the wet weather for the camp out but we need this really bad.
    Oh yea Riverbottomhunter congrats to you and the soon to be Mrs. Riverbottomhunter on that big bird thats great!:cheers:

11. TOBRYAN

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Sorry about the campout...but Im loving the rain....

12. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Yea, I'd bet they're all wet up there!!!!!! Bet they're still laughin though!!!

13. rmr

rmr New Member

:cheers: We have a inch and 2tenths at the farm this morning and it came perfect it should be just right on last week-ends planting. We could stand another inch or two if it comes like the first one did.

14. nontypical

nontypical Member

Dec 18, 2004
    New Franklin
    2" as of 7pm....nice, gentle soaker.

15. TOBRYAN

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    We ended up with around 3 "" in Ray County, almost got the truck stuck, kept the Turkeys from gobbling.
    It was good steady rain and not much run off until Sunday, then the creeks were rolling, we need some sun now to make the flowers grow..

16. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Haven't heard how much we got today yet. I am guessing around 4". Roads and fields are flooded and look like duck lakes. Kind of glad I didn't go hunting this morning.