oil consumption drops...prices rise

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Jeremy, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Prices at the pump added a penny overnight to rise to $2.512, according to auto club AAA, Wright Express and Oil Price Information Service. Prices are 8.8 cents higher than a week ago and 45.1 cents higher than a month ago, but remain $1.463 below year-ago prices.

Overall demand remains very weak.

The number of miles driven collectively by Americans dropped another 3.1 billion miles in March, compared with the same time last year, the Federal Highway Administration said. That continues a trend that began more than a year ago.

The lack of broader, fundamental support hasn't stopped momentum from building in energy markets.

"I don't believe in it ... but I'm not dumb enough to stand in front of it," oil trader and analyst Stephen Schork said of the rally.

In other Nymex trading, gasoline for June delivery rose 1.4 cents to $1.91 a gallon and heating oil gained 5.8 cents to $1.7364 a gallon. Natural gas for June delivery jumped 19.6 cents to $4.03 per 1,000 cubic feet.

In London, Brent prices rose $1.36 to $66.88 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange.

2. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Diesel is actually back to being cheaper than gas here.

3. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    It was the speculators that cost us a ton last Summer...We can not let them do that to us again...

4. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    Prices hae to go up so people will buy the hybrids. If gas prices stay reasonable, there is no incentive to buy them...

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1282504&tid=89735&author=htredneck]Prices hae to go up so people will buy the hybrids. If gas prices stay reasonable, there is no incentive to buy them...[/rquote]

only people that helps is honda, toyota and ford. the other guys dont have anything worthwhile quite yet

6. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

I heard gas is suppose to top $5 a gallon this summer.. :eek:

7. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    good thing i plan on staying home all summer:woot:

8. deerhunter365

deerhunter365 Active Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Salisbury/Marceline
    [rquote=1282525&tid=89735&author=Jeremy]good thing i plan on staying home all summer:woot:[/rquote]

same here, with the wife being pregnant, she is not in the mood to go anywhere:whiteflag:

9. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

[rquote=1282547&tid=89735&author=deerhunter365][rquote=1282525&tid=89735&author=Jeremy]good thing i plan on staying home all summer:woot:[/rquote]

same here, with the wife being pregnant, she is not in the mood to go anywhere:whiteflag:[/rquote]

By the time its all said and done... your gonna want to go anywhere but home..... :scared:

10. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1282550&tid=89735&author=Gakic24][rquote=1282547&tid=89735&author=deerhunter365][rquote=1282525&tid=89735&author=Jeremy]good thing i plan on staying home all summer:woot:[/rquote]

same here, with the wife being pregnant, she is not in the mood to go anywhere:whiteflag:[/rquote]

By the time its all said and done... your gonna want to go anywhere but home..... :scared:[/rquote]

WERD

11. deerhunter365

deerhunter365 Active Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Salisbury/Marceline
    [rquote=1282550&tid=89735&author=Gakic24][rquote=1282547&tid=89735&author=deerhunter365][rquote=1282525&tid=89735&author=Jeremy]good thing i plan on staying home all summer:woot:[/rquote]

By the time its all said and done... your gonna want to go anywhere but home..... :scared:[/rquote]

I know what you mean, she is due at the beginning of August right when it is starting to get warm:peepwall:. I will just slip out with my boy to do some fishing or something. :rock:

12. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Let's see....last time gas was super high, I remember people blaming Bush....Who we gonna blame it on this time???!!!!:D

13. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1282613&tid=89735&author=fireman_3311]Let's see....last time gas was super high, I remember people blaming Bush....Who we gonna blame it on this time???!!!!:D[/rquote]

bush...nothing's changed:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: you know it wont be "captain america"

14. dookie

dookie New Member

Nov 27, 2004
    imperial,mo
    It's funny how gas prices rose dramatically right before Memorial Day and have been rising slowly ever since.:thinking: Right before school gets out and people start taking summer vacations.:thinking:

Oil companies got us by the nads. They can charge whatever they want, and we are stuck paying.Speculators are part of the problem too:stickfight:. They jack up the prices just as the vacation season arrived and gas consumption rises.:stickfight:

I hope they don't let gas prices get out of control again. I think that would devastate what's left of the auto industry.:confused::whinging:

15. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1282798&tid=89735&author=dookie]It's funny how gas prices rose dramatically right before Memorial Day and have been rising slowly ever since.:thinking: Right before school gets out and people start taking summer vacations.:thinking:

Oil companies got us by the nads. They can charge whatever they want, and we are stuck paying.Speculators are part of the problem too:stickfight:. They jack up the prices just as the vacation season arrived and gas consumption rises.:stickfight:

I hope they don't let gas prices get out of control again. I think that would devastate what's left of the auto industry.:confused::whinging:[/rquote]

:rock:

16. TrackerCasey

TrackerCasey Active Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Mid-Michigan
    [rquote=1282525&tid=89735&author=Jeremy]good thing i plan on staying home all summer:woot:[/rquote]

Except all those "Fuel Surcharges" on all those building supplies you are gonna need.

17. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I'm not gonna let gas prices get me all worked up again, like last year. All the worrying didn't change a thing. If I need/want to go somewhere, I'm gonna go.

BTW ~ COOL avatar, Steve! :D

18. Mule

Mule Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Franklin County, MO
    Oil at the well is $1.20/gallon

Gasoline is $2.39/gallon

How come motor oil is $10.00/gallon??????????????

19. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1282837&tid=89735&author=TrackerCasey][rquote=1282525&tid=89735&author=Jeremy]good thing i plan on staying home all summer:woot:[/rquote]

Except all those "Fuel Surcharges" on all those building supplies you are gonna need.[/rquote]

free shipping on local shipping on any order over 1500:rock: gotta love the small town lumber yards