Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home today, counted 92 dead deer by the rd between Bevier and Wentzville. Maybe we should ban cars/trucks.

MDC should test these deer instead of killing more for CWD research. :thinking:

So many dead dear, someone must of driven that route with an xbow in their truck. :tup: :D

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
I drove from STL to Chilli yesterday and thought the same thing, lots of dead deer. What’s up?

5,788 Posts
I have noticed a lot of them on 47 hwy as well. i dont know the reason for it but have been told that it seems to Green up quicker along the roads and the salt content from the winter. I dont know if those are legit reasons but whats been said to me

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
Another thing I noticed is they all appeared to be pretty small deer, maybe I was just seeing things.

75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thing I noticed is they all appeared to be pretty small deer, maybe I was just seeing things.
Ya, a lot of them were pretty small.

75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drove from STL to Chilli yesterday and thought the same thing, lots of dead deer. What's up?
Between Bevier and Macon I counted 11. Thats only 4 or 5 miles.

75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many were months old? With this winters temps and snow, decomposing would take longer and the scavengers would take awhile chewing on frozen deer.
A lot of them were old carcasses, but there were a lot of freshies too.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
I think the logistics of chasing down every road kill and sampling them is untenable.

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
Noticed that Thursday between Mexico and Macon lots of fresh ones , buzzards seemed happy

· Registered
1,122 Posts
I had to go to Des Moines for work Wednesday and Thursday. I took highway 63 and counted at least 200 deer. That was from St James to the state line. There was 15 dead all together in a 50 foot stretch. Most deer I have ever seen dead in one year.
Mark

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.